Chapter 4

Two weeks passed and the cold winds of autumn brought chills to the students. But those cold autumn winds did not stop the third years to go to Hogsmeade and see the little village. Clutching in to her coat and her Gryffindor scarf wrapped around her neck, Carina stuck with Roman as they walked to the carriages that would take them to Hogsmeade, and unfortunately, Theodore tailed along with them – not wanting to be left alone with Draco and his goons, or go with Blaise and Pansy.

"Is it really necessary for Nott to accompany us?" Carina asked.

"Don't worry, Black, I'm not fond of your presence either." Theodore answered back.

Roman sighed. He wanted to spend time with both of his best friends. But the two couldn't even stand to breathe the same air as each other.

"Remember! These visits to Hogsmeade Village are a privilege. Should your behavior reflect poorly on the school in any way, that privilege shall not be extended again." McGonagall called out at the students.

"Hear that Black – should your behavior reflect poorly on the school in any way, that privilege shall not be extended again." Theodore quoted McGonagall, "Professor, I think Black's privileges should be revoked!" Theodore joking said as they passed the Deputy Headmistress.

"Not funny, Nott." Carina said.

Behind them Harry approached McGonagall with a pleading look and his form in his hands. Carina and Roman stopped on their tracks and watched as Harry begged McGonagall to sign his permissions slip.

"This is just sad." Roman muttered.

"Maybe we could sneak him out?" Carina asked.

"And have Filch catch us?" Theodore raised a brow, "No thank you."

When Harry's shoulders slumped in defeat, he turned his attention to Hermione and Ron, and Carina and Roman.

"It's okay guys... have fun." He told them.

"I'll make sure to bring you something from Hogsmeade." Carina gave him a reassuring look.

"Thanks, Carina." Harry smiled.

Once his friends have left, Harry was left alone.

"So..." Harry turned and found Lupin standing by the doors with his hands in his pants pockets, "No Hogsmeade, eh?"

Carina dragged Roman to Honeyduke's. She looked around the shelves for some sweets she would stack if she wanted to have a midnight snack. Roman laughed when Carina grabbed a box of licorice and chocolate – lots of chocolate. Theodore – who tailed after the whole time – just stared at Carina with a gape look.

"Are you stacking until Christmas, Black?" Theodore asked, "Or do you have a death wish?"

"Oh shut up Nott." Carina tossed him a pack of Sugar Quills. "Stop being so sour and try something a bit sweet for a change."

Roman chuckled at Carina followed after her. Theodor on the other hand returned to bag of candy on the shelf and followed after them. After Honeydukes, Carina, Roman and Theodore went to the Three Broomsticks to get warm. Upon entering the vicinity, they were greeted by an exiting Rebecca Barnes. Roman blushed upon seeing the fourth year Hufflepuff and started to stutter.

"H-Hi Re-Rebecca." Roman greeted.

"Oh hi!" Rebecca smiled, "Ro... man... right?"

"Yes!" Roman smiled. "I... I..."

Rebecca Barnes saw Roman's red face and his inability to speak, then turned to Carina and offered her a small smile and waved a greeting, "Hello Carina."