Sweet Creature - 15.1

Recap:  Annabelle, Jace, Flynn and Rose have escaped from the castle and are at Elizabeths manor, planning the revolution.

"With a renewed sense of purpose. One that was no longer about surviving, I focused to listen to the schemes that Elizabeth was planning. I no longer just had myself anymore, and if I wanted a future for my team, I needed to put 100% of myself into this."

Jace's POV

With Annabelle leaning against me, I felt all at once much calmer and much more awake. She had a way of speeding up the beating of my un-beating heart. I often wondered if she knew the effect she had on me. If I wasn't undead it would be very apparent to her, since she had her head rested right against my chest. My heart would be going a million beats a minute if it could.

No girl had ever had this effect on me. I know that I made a promise to Paval to leave Annabelle alone as soon as I could, but in my mind I had already broken that promise. Now that we were out of the castle, even though it had been barley a day, my mind was already going wild with fantasies of a happily ever I could live with Annabelle. It's something I wasn't playing around with back at the castle, but now, now I feel like maybe we had a chance.

I mean, Elizabeth and Franklin make it work. Illegally I may add, but they make it work. I know I should trust Franklin more. He has already shown his loyalty in many ways, and I don't believe he would actually hurt Annabelle, but I am on high alert. Without Annabelle there is no revolution, at least not for me. She is the one that changed everything for me, and I don't know if I would be strong enough to do this without her.

I can tell that Elizabeth is starting to wind down the conversation since she can probably tell that I have been distracted since Annabelle arrived. We had been talking for the past few hours and had gone over a few different plans we could place into motion in the next couple days, so there wasn't actually much more we would need to go over, at least not tonight.

"Okay well, I can tell that we are all getting quite bored with this conversation," Elizabeth said, looking pointedly at me, "so I think we will end things tonight. We can pick this back up again tomorrow after breakfast. At that point we can hopefully add Rose and Flynn into the conversation."

I nodded, glad that this was over for the night. "I think that is a great idea." Elizabeth and Franklin both smiled at me knowingly and I think I might've actually blushed if I could.

"Come on Annabelle, let's get going." Annabelle lazily climbed out of my lap and stood up stretching like a cat even though she had only been in the room for half an hour. She smiled at Elizabeth and Franklin who grinned back at her, and then she grasped my hand, looking up at me pointedly. I nodded once more and Annabelle and I walked side by side out of the room.

Not even thinking about it, I lead her back to the suite I was given when I entered the house. Elizabeth had taken her from me as soon as we entered the castle and placed her in the small room next to her office, but there was no way she was staying in that room.

...Unless she asked to of course. I just wasn't going to bring it up and hoped she would continue wanting to share a room with me. I had gotten quite used to sharing a bed with her and I fear that I wouldn't be able to sleep without her there.

We got to the suite and Annabelle quickly released my grip and jumped up onto the bed smiling, so I'm assuming she doesn't have much of a problem with sharing a room with me. At this moment I also loved the grin that she was sporting.

"Well I see that you're happy."

She grinned even wider if that was possible. "I don't know why, but I feel... free." She said, almost struggling to put it into words. In that moment, I wanted to make something clear to her. I don't know if she knew, I hope she did but I wanted to make sure she knew. I sat down across from her and took her hands in mine, looking into her eyes.

"Kitten, I hope you know... you are free. At least in my eyes. You are free to make your own decisions, your own choices and even if WE just know that now, we will make sure the whole world knows it."

I had just expected her to smile, tell me that she knew, but I never expected her to do what happened next. Because, before I could even register, Annabelle's lips were on mine.

She was kissing me.

Photo: Annabelle

----------

I'M BACK!!!!

GET READY FOR A SUMMER OF CHAPTERS!!!!!!

Going to be 100% honest - part of the reason I haven't posted if I've had a few different places offering to publish as well as some deals with other websites. BUT I have ultimately decided that I am going to work hard to finish this book on HERE before I decide anything.

Part of the reason is because I made this book for fun, to relieve some stress, and for the moment I want it to stay like that! The other reason is because of all of YOU!! I made this for Wattpad, and I want to finish it on Wattpad which is still a free site for people to post and to have a community. That is something I would like to hold onto a little longer. If I get discovered later on, that's great! Or if I can publish this after, that'd be great too, but this is what I want. This is by no means saying choosing other options is wrong, this is just what I have decided to do and those are my reasons.

Thank you for those who have stuck with me during this time <3 Love you all and get ready for WAY more posts now that I have made my decision!

Love K