Chapter 7

The Holidays came and as usual, almost all of the students left Hogwarts to spend it with their family. The Hall was decorated beautifully and the ceiling showed snow falling from the sky, to give the room the Christmas spirit. But even with the Christmas spirit, the group of four Gryffindors were still divided as Harry and Carina still have not spoken to each other.

"So, where's Roman?" Hermione asked.

"He went home..." Carina answered, "His parents wanted him to celebrate Christmas at home – said that his cousins were coming home from America."

"But what about Professor McGonagall... I wonder if she also wanted to see her family..." Hermione trailed her gaze to the Deputy Headmistress.

"I guess... but she's really living up her duty as a Deputy Headmistress."

At the entrance of the Hall, Ron entered and came to where Carina and Hermione sat. he slumped on the seat across the two and sighed.

"Where's Harry?" Carina asked, noticing the absence of their friend.

"He's got this lesson with Professor Lupin." Ron muttered.

Knowing what lesson Ron was talking about, Carina stayed silent and played with her food. About a month ago, Harry told her that she and him would be taking that lessons – to learn how to fight the Dementors – and now he just went on with it without her. He didn't even bother telling her about it!

"So... when are you two going stop this anyway?" Ron asked Carina.

Hermione slapped Ron at the arm and gave him a look. Carina sighed and played with her food once more.

"I said I was sorry... what more does he want?" Carina said.

"There's nothing to be sorry about, Carina!" Hermione scolded.

"Nothing to be sorry?" Ron raised a brow, "She should have told us about her dad being Sirius Black!"

"Not helping, Ronald." Hermione glared at the red-head. "Besides, I think it was only you who didn't know."

"She told you?" Ron raised a brow.

"It's quite obvious, Ron. Carina Black – Sirius Black?" Hermione whispered.

"I knew that – it's just that, I thought he was a distant relative, that's all." Ron muttered.

"Why does everyone think Sirius Black is just my distant relative?" Carina asked, "Wasn't Malfoy's constant calling of 'murderer' and the fact that he is my cousin, or that there aren't so many Blacks alive, enough to say that I am Sirius Black's daughter?"

Ron shrugged. "Come on, let's go back to the common room."

The three Gryffindors entered the common room and went to proceed to sit on one of the lounges. Carina and Hermione made themselves comfortable at one lounge and sat with their legs crisscrossed on the cushion.

"Where's Maisie?" Hermione asked.

"Probably with Uncle Tom – he might have sneaked her out of the castle to bring her to Hogsmeade." Carina shrugged.

"Lucky." Hermione grinned.

"Hey." Ron called. "There's a present here."

Hermione rolled her eyes, "Put it down, Ron, I'm sure it's not for you."

"It's for Carina." Ron handed the gift wrapped messily and was being held together by a string.

"Who's it from?" Hermione asked.