Chapter 13

Carina, Roman, Harry, Hermione and Ron sat quietly in their compartment in Hogwarts Express. They've been quiet the whole time; Carina was reading her father's letter to her, again, that came to her before she and the others went to Platform 9 ¾. Roman was reading about the Animagus transformation while sucking on their new Mandrake leaf. They have been grumbling about loosing their leaves the night of the siege, they were already half of the month during the Quidditch World Cup, but then they had accidentally spit it out or swallowed it when they were running.

"Anything from the trolley dears?" The Trolley Lady asked.

Roman got up with Ron and Harry.

"Get me a – "

"Liquorices wand, I know, I know." Roman said to Carina.

"Two liquorices wands, and two pumpkin pastries." Roman told the Trolley Lady. He paid for his sweets and went back to Carina's side and handed her the sweets.

"So... what did your dad say?" Roman asked, he took a bite from his sweets.

"He was worried." Carina paused and turned to Roman, "He is worried..."

"Figures." Roman chuckled, "Mum and Dad sent a dozen of letters to check up on me – Dad even asked Mr. Weasley about me... it was embarrassing."

"Well, I'm sure you saw Uncle Tom at the Burrow the other day... then it's all good..." Carina folded the letter and hid it in her bag. "Where's Theodore?"

"He's with Blaise." Roman said.

"Oh." Carina said. "Didn't know they were in good terms."

"They are – Blaise's not that bad, just look past his prejudice side of his and his a good guys."

"Really?"

"This is horrible," Hermione suddenly said, her eyes staring at the Daily Prophet in disbelief, "how can the Ministry not know who conjured it. isn't there any security –"

"Hey!" Carina said to Hermione. She didn't like when someone questioned the security that involved her uncle and cousin.

"Loads according to Dad, that's what worried them so much. Happened right under their noses." Ron said.

They all turned and saw Harry rubbing his scar.

"It's hurting again isn't it, you scar." Hermione said to Harry.

"I'm fine." Said Harry.

"You know Dad will want to hear about this." Carina said, "What you saw at the World Cup and the dream."

"I know..." Harry said, "Speaking of Sirius... he sent you a letter?"

"Yeah..." Carina carefully chewed her sweets, she was trying to keep her Mandrake leaf at the other side of her mouth as she ate, "He's really worried."

"What'd he say?" Harry asked.

"Well... he told me that he's trying to find out who did cast the Dark Mark... and that to enjoy the year since it was going to be really interesting..." Carina said, trailing off at the last part. "Don't know what he meant by that – every years is an interesting year in Hogwarts... especially with you guys looking for trouble." She glanced at Ron and Harry.

"Aye." Roman laughed. "But seriously though... even my Dad's been talking about something that's going to happen – he's pretty excited for me when he sent me off to the Weasleys – even said to – as I quote – 'I hope that I was back at Hogwarts for this year – promise us that you won't do anything stupid'."