Chapter 18

"The Yule Ball has been a tradition of the Triwizard Tournament since its inception. On Christmas Eve night, we and our guests gather in the Great Hall for well mannered frivolity. As representatives of the host school I expect each and every one of you to put your best foot forward, and I mean it literally because the Yule ball is first and foremost a dance."

Groans emerged from the boys who sat at the other side of the room, whilst the girls were excited and had all of their attention at McGonagall.

"Sielnce. The House of Godrick Gryffindor has commanded the respect of the Wizard World for nearly ten centuries . I will not have you in the course of a single evening besmirching that name by behaving like a babbling, bumbling band of baboons." ("Try saying that five times fast." Fred said and they did) "now to dance is to let the body breathe, inside every girl is a secret swan slumbers longing to burst forth and take flight" ("I feel like a mad dog is going to burst out of me than a swan." Carina muttered) "Inside every boy is a lordly lion prepared to prance." (Carina bit her lip to prevent herself form laughing, but she couldn't stop herself from letting out a chuckle, but was elbowed by Hermione to quiet down). "Mr. Weasley, will you join me."

McGonagall grabbed Ron and pulled him up to dance. Ron had the most hilarious face of panic.

"Now, place your right hand on my waist." McGonagall instructed.

"Where?"

"My waist."

Ron does and a wolf whistle came from the crowd of boys, and Carina couldn't help but laugh at her spot.

"Now bend your arm... Mr. Filch." Filch started the music. "One, two, three. One, two, three. One, two, three... everybody come together."

The girls instantly stood up and walked forward, whilst the boys were still seated. But when McGonagall gave them a threatening look, they got on their feet to look for a partner. Carina found herself being pursued by Dean, Seamus and Harry, all three of them fighting to reach her first. Carina raised a brow at them and watched.

"I don't know if I should find this sweet or annoying that I'm the easiest of all the girls." Carina muttered to Hermione.

"Just pick one of them – and try not to break their hearts." Hermione chuckled as she walked off with George to dance.

But before the three boys could reach her, another boy, older, and handsome, tapped Carina at the shoulder. Carina turned and found herself blushing.

"May I have this dance, Miss Black?" The older Gryffindor asked with a teasing smile.

"Of course..." She turned back to the three and waved a teasing good-bye.

•†•

Roman sighed at the sight of the girls passing by. He and Theodore have been looking around the halls for a girl they can ask to the Ball.

"Want to try a Beauxbaton girl?" Theodore offered.

"And die out of embarrassment when she says 'no'?" Roman scoffed, "No."

Theodore rolled his eyes at his best friend.

"Oh please, how hard could it be?"

Roman scoffed.

"I doubt that a girl would say 'no' to you." Theodore muttered.

Roman turned to Theodore with a sly smirk.

"Are you saying that I'm handsome, Theo?" Roman teased.

"I think you're an idiot who clearly needs to take a mint because you, my friend, smell like a dog."