Chapter 20

The day of the Yule Ball, everyone was getting ready and had their hair and make up done and. Most girls over did their make up and looked like a canvas with colorful and sparking glitter, and other over did with their hair and had it as high as Marie Antoinette's.

In the shared dorms of Hermione, Carina, Lavender, and Parvati, the five girls have been busying themselves with putting on their make up, fixing their hair and wearing their dresses. Hermione and Carina made sure to separate themselves from Lavender and Parvati – not wanting to be in the mix of their colorful faces. They stayed at Carina's bed where they helped each other with preparing. Hermione helped Carina with her make-up, putting on only a little to give her a natural look, whilst Carina did Hermione's hair, and placed it in a side braid with some design and ornaments.

Once done with their hair and faces, the two girls wore their dresses. Hermione wore a beautiful pink gown that hugged her body perfectly. She asked Carina some help when it came to the zipper at the back and with her heels. And she did the same to her when Carina had to get in her dress.

With final touches of putting on their earrings – Carina preferred dangling earrings. The two girls exited the room, leaving Lavender and Parvati behind, and went to meet their dates.

•†•

Roman waited at the bottom of the stairs before the Great Hall for Peggy Moon to come. He wasn't the only one waiting for their dates, with him were Theodore AND Adrian. Roman adjusted his bow for the tenth time, he just couldn't get it at the right tightness and have been muttering something under his breath.

"How long does it even take for them to get ready? My feet are killing me right now." Theodore said.

"They're girls, they're always this long." Adrian chuckled at the sight of Roman trying to fix his bow again. "You know what, let me help you with that – clearly you're going to murder your bow before the dance even starts."

Adrian went to Roman and fixed his bow. The whole time, Roman glared at Adrian as he made the bow perfect and tidy.

"There." Adrian patted Roman at the shoulder, "All better."

From the top of the stairs came Harry and Ron.
Roman couldn't help himself from laughing when he saw Ron's dress robes. Ron glared him the whole time.

"Sorry..." Roman chuckled, "But... you... kind of remind me of my Grandmother..."

"Shut up, Alston." Ron said.

Roman raised his hands in surrender and retreated from teasing Ron any further. He turned his gaze to Harry and smirked at what he was wearing.

"I like the robes, Harry."

"Thanks, you too."

Astoria finally came, she wore a beautiful emerald dress, and had her long brown locks in to a stylish bun at the side for the night. Theodore sighed and greeted Astoria like a gentleman and led her to where he was with Roman and Adrian.

"You look beautiful, Astoria." Adrian told the young girl.

Astoria simply smiled and thanked him.

A few moments later, Peggy Moon came wearing her maroon gown. Roman offered the girl his hand and helped her down the stairs. Now that they had their dates, the only one left was Adrian's.

"You two go on ahead. I'll just wait for her here." Adrian said.

Just before the four of them left, Carina came down the stairs. Roman's eyes stared at her the whole time, The long gown reached the floor even if Carina wore heels and its blue gown had elegant pattern of flowers in dark blue over he breast that crawled to her short-side-sleeves; and her hair – that she usually just kept loose – was styled to a side braid with small designs with little and minimal ornaments.