Chapter 21

The Gryffindor common room was too quiet for it's normal quietness. The students were still sleepy after a night of parting, some yawned countless times and wanted to get back to bed, but it was not time get back to bed, because the Yule Ball has passed and it was back to their normal lives. School.

Carina woke with messy hair, but the sight of her hair did not bother her, she was too happy to be bothered by it, so instead of having in loose, Carina tied it to a braid and had it rested on her left shoulder.

She made sure to mutter the incantation, "Amato Animo Animato Animagus." Just in time before the sunrise has passed, then made her way out of the common room. But just as she got out of the portrait, Roman, who was waiting by the stairs, greeted her.

"Good morning." Roman said.

Carina smiled.

"Good morning."

"Would you want to join me for breakfast?" Roman asked.

"Sure."

Carina and Roman walked side by side, as usual. They entered the Hall, laughing and joking, they even bumped each other with their hips. It was back to normal.

"Thank Merlin you two are speaking to each other again." Ron said.

"I wouldn't say we're just speaking to each other again, Weasley." Roman smirked.

Carina rolled her eyes and smacked him at the arm.

Harry and Ron had a confused look but shook their head, not wanting to go any further to the two's shenanigans.

"So... what's for first period?" Carina asked, "And I hope it's not Potions – I can't have Snape ruining my morning."

"Care for Magical Creatures." Harry answered, "With Slytherin."

"Great!" Roman clasped his hands together, "We can all go together then."

•†•

"I hope we're not working with the Skewts." Carina sighed, "I love Hagrid, I really do, but sometimes I just don't like the creatures he has in stored for us."

Roman and Theodore nodded in agreement.

"Besides, I don't think I'm sober enough handle those Skewts." Theodore muttered.

When they came to Hagrid's hut, they found a witch with graying hair standing at his doorstep. Questions then raised as to why that witch was there and not Hagrid.

"I'm Professor Grubbly-Plank, and I'm the temporary Care for Magical Creatures teacher." The witch said.

"Temporary? Carina whispered, "Where's Hagrid?"

"He's indispose." Professor Grubbly-Plank said.

A sound of snickering came from the group of Slytherings coming to the hut. One particular Slytherin caught Carina's eye and glared at him. It was Draco.

"I smell the ferret having done something with this." Carina muttered.

"You smell it too?" Roman glared at Draco.

"Really, I smell the grass and the soil – will you two just cut it out and move?" Theodore pushed the two towards the walking crowd and followed after them in to the Forbidden Forest.

When the class finally came to their lesson, 'oohs' and 'aahhs' came from them as a majestic Unicorn came to their view. Professor Grubbly-Plank started her lesson, she had instructed the girls come forward to touch the Unicorn and boys stayback – since they 'prefer a woman's touch' – Theodore, simply complied and sat down on one of the huge rock, and got out his copy of the Daily Prophet, whilst Roman watched Carina. Carina wasn't interested in Unicorns at the moment, she was more interested in where Hagrid was.