Chapter 40

Mrs. Weasley came to Grimmauld Place around five in the morning, almost everyone was falling asleep when she came and brought good news about Mr. Weasley being fine. Carina had distanced herself from the Weasleys to let them celebrate in relief.

"Breakfast!" Sirius called out loudly and joyfully, "Where's that accursed house-elf? Kreacher! KREACHER!"

Kreacher did not answer the summons.

"Oh, forget it, then." Sirius said. "So it's breakfast for – let's see – seven... Bacon and eggs, I think, and some tea, and toast. –"

"I'll help," Carina stretched and got out of the chair.

"Why don't you get some more rest, dear?" Sirius told her.

"And let you alone to cook? No." Carina smirked.

She had tied her long black locks to a nice bun and started to help her father with breakfast. They were soon joined by Harry and – as promised – Carina had him washing dishes – just as she planned when they moved in together with Sirius – of course Harry didn't like the 'power' she had on him, but did it anyways. Carina had finished cooking breakfast and Sirius finished with the tea, they had set the food on the table and everyone went to dig in their meals.

After eating the last of the food. Sirius had everyone go to bed and rest, some protested – the Weasleys – wanting to leave not to St. Mungo's, but it didn't waver Sirius' decision.

"You all need to sleep. You're going to rest and when you wake up, you'll go to see Arthur after lunch." Sirius said.

The boys went to the bedroom assigned to them the day they went to Twelve Grimmauld Place, whilst Ginny went to hers. Carina too entered her father's old bedroom and laid down to rest. But just as she fell asleep, she heard the door open and felt the bed move a bit.

"I know you're awake." Sirius chuckled.

"I was asleep." Carina said.

"Are you going with them to see Arthur at St. Mungo's?" Sirius asked.

Carina got up from bed and sat cross-legged facing her father, her hair messy and looked like a lion's mane.

"I think it's best to let the Weasleys have their time to themselves." Carina said.

Sirius smiled. He patted his daughter's knee and gestured her to come to his embrace. Carina scooted towards her father and rested her head on his shoulder as he held her.

"Dad." Carina began.

"Yes, sweethear?"

"Is Harry going to be all right?"

There was a pause.

"He will be..." he sounded unsure.

Carina merely nodded.

"Dad." Carina called again.

"Hmm?"

"When are we going to be together again?"

"We are together, Carina." Sirius said, his voice solemn.

"No... when can we just live without having to hide all the time?" her voice cracked, "Like the Weasleys..."

Sirius pulled Carina out of his arms and held her shoulders, he saw the tear that fell from her eyes and wiped it off with his thumb.

"Soon, Carina, soon. We will live together... without having to hide... without fear..." Sirius said. "I promise."