Chapter 44

The scandalous scene of "the sacking of Professor Trelawyn" had not only brought more hatred towards Dolores Umbridge, but has brought a new teacher for the students for the Divination class, Professor Firenze. A centaur.

The thought of having a centaur for a Professor made Carina want to take Divination, but she would never trade her electives for that. She preferred Ancient Runes than foreseeing the future, besides, if she did take Divination she'd never had Theodore as a seatmate.

Theodore. Carina noticed Theodore's sudden distance with her and Roman. He was often found alone or dodging them. He didn't even sit with her during Ancient Runes, which was very odd since they had been seatmates since third year. She planned on confronting him about is sudden distance; both her and Roman. But when they did, Theodore just dodged them.

Not only that, Carina was also worrying about O.W.L.s, she had completely let it slip, she was too busy trying to murder Umbrdige in her dreams, and Theodore, and the whole 'Harry's not telling a lie' that she had forgotten about the most important part of being a fifth year. She's been reading textbook after textbook for the O.W.L.s and even took a Draught of Peace when she was too stressed. But of course, she couldn't complain since Harry was doing twice of her load: detention, O.W.L.s, and his 'Remedial Potions' with Snape, and D.A. meetings.

D.A. meetings. The past few meetings, the members of the D.A. were seen in the members, Carina was sure that they would all get an O "Outstanding" and she would love to see Umbridge's face when they do well in the practical – it would make up for all the detention she got with the woman.

That night, the D.A. finally started to work on Patronuses. Harry kept reminding them that producing a Patronus in the brightly lit room was different from when they were confronted by a dementor.

"Think of the happiest memory you have and focus." Harry instructed them. "The happier the memory, the stronger your Patronus is."

Harry circled the room and watched as his students did well in producing the Patronuses. When he went to Hermione he saw her produce a Patronus in the shape of an otter. When at Ginny it was a stag, then Ron – a dog. Then Carina – who he had no doubt –

"Expecto Patronum!"

Carina had produced a Patronus in a shape of a great black dog. She laughed at the sight of her Patronus, remembering her father in them.

"Very good, Carina!" Harry laughed when he saw the dog circle around her in an excited way.

Beside Carina, Roman also had produced his Patronus, and in no doubt his Patronus formed a wolf, it ran around the room and then had tripped Carina off her feet.

"Thank you, Roman!" Carina said sarcastically.

Roman laughed and helped her up her feet.

In the middle of the joyous time, Dobby came trembling from head to feet.

"What's happened, Dobby?" Harry asked.

"Harry Potter... she... she..." Dobby stuttered.

"Who's 'she', Dobby?"

Carina, who stood at the other side of the room, caught on what Dobby was saying and called for Harry to tell him what the house-elf said.

"Harry!" Harry turned to him. "It's Umbridge!"

Harry turned to the D.A. – who all looked terrified of the news.

"WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?" Harry yelled. "RUN!"