Chapter 45

"But why haven't you got Occlumency lessons anymore?" Hermione asked Harry.

"I've told you," Harry said, "Snape reckons I can carry on by myself now I've got the basics..."

Carina knew that it was lie. Snape would never just let his students 'go' if he wasn't one-hundred percent that the can do it.

"So you've stopped having funny dreams?" Carina asked, skeptically.

"Pretty much." Harry said, not looking at her.

Carina rolled her eyes and returned to her reading for their O.W.L.s, she smirked when she came across the Animagus part of the Transfiguration of the book. She turned to Ron – who too was studying since he just realized that O.W.L.s was just six weeks away – she nudged him and showed him the Animagus part of the book.

"Tell me, Ron, how can you identify an Animagus?" Carina asked with a teasing smirk.

"Well, first they're registered so they have some kind of identification on their body when they turn to their Animagus form, next is when you use that spell to reveal if their an Animagus... what was that spell again?" Ron pondered.

Carina rolled her eyes.

"You forgot something, Ron." Carina smirked. "One: There are two in this Hogwarts. Two: She's sitting right beside you. Three: And I believe her name's Carina Black..."

Ron chuckled whilst Hermione didn't find it at all funny.

"Could you not announce that you are an Animagus?" Hermione said in a hushed tone. "It's bad enough that you're an illegal Animagus!"

Whilst Hermione continued her sermon, Harry couldn't help but remember what he saw in the Pensive – Snape's memory. With what Carina said earlier to Ron, it reminded him of what Lupin had said to his father, Sirius and Wormtail when they were their age after their O.W.L.s, and he couldn't rid of the thought the kind of her person his father was, the kind of person their fathers were.

"I saw Cho earlier." Hermione said. "And she looked miserable too... did you two had another row?"

"Yeah, we have..." Harry said, absentmindedly. "Carina..."

"Yeah?" Carina asked.

"Can I talk to you for a moment?"

"Sure?" Carina said, quite confused. "Oh, not here?"

"Why not here?" Ron asked.

"Please." Harry begged.

"All right." Carina said.

She and Harry left the common room, leaving Hermione and Ron quite confused and slightly offended that the two of them are keeping secrets to themselves. They stood a bit far from the common room door and settled at the window to speak.

"Harry, what's wrong?" Carina asked, worry heard in her voice.

"The reason why Snape stopped giving me Occlumency lessons is that... I saw something." Harry said.

"What'd you see?" Carina asked.

"It was something personal – it's Snape's memory." Harry sighed. "And – I just couldn't stop thinking of it... I promised him that I won't tell anyone, but –"

"Harry, you can tell me anything – I promise I won't snitch..." Carina held Harry by his shoulder.

Harry then told Carina what he saw. It was clear to their mind the kind of person their fathers were when they were in Hogwarts. Carina always knew that her father was a troublemaker when he was in Hogwarts, but she never knew that it was that kind of trouble – bullying students; and Harry, he found comfort by the mere thought of his father but now it just brought him chills. They both started to question why their mothers even married their fathers – especially Harry – but then Carina remembered what Sirius told her last summer, that Snape had called her mother a horrible name that Sirius had done something horrible to Snape that made her leave him and it took Sirius a month or months to get her back.