Chapter 47

Carina, Harry and Hermione hid under the Invisibility Cloak and entered Umbridge's office. They dashed to the fireplace. Carina seized some Floo poweder, and once the flames were green, she cried, "Number twelve Grimmauld Place!"

"Sirius? Sirius!"

Sirius did not come, it was Kreacher.

"Kreacher, where's Sirius?" Harry asked.

Kreacher did not answer.

"Kreacher!" Carina spoke, "I'm a Black, so tell us, where is my father?"

"Nobody here but Kreacher!" the elf said.

"Where is he?" Carina asked.

"Master did not come back from the Department of Mysteries." He said gleefully, "Kracher and his Mistress are alone again!"

"You evil little –"

But before Carina could even continue, she felt a sudden tug at her shoulder and she was pulled back, Hermione too was pulled back, and Harry was dragged by the hair by Umbridge. Carina looked around and saw Umrbidge's office full of people consisting of the Inquisitorial Squad holding Ron, Luna, Ginny, Neville, Roman, her and Hermione. Carina turned and saw that her holder was none other than her cousin herself. Carina tried to shove off Draco's hold, but he just held her even more tightly by the arm.

"Take their wands." Umbridge said. "So, Potter, you stationed lookouts around my office and sent this buffoon," she nodded at Ron, "to tell me that the poltergeist was wreaking havoc in the Transfiguration department when I knew perfectly well that he was busy smearing ink on the eyepieces of all school telescopes. Clearly, it was very important for you to talk to somebody. Was is Albust Dumbledore? Or that half-breed, Hagrid?"

"It's none of your business who I talk to." Harry snarled.

"Very well, Mr. Potter... I offered you the chance to tell me freely. You refused. I have no alternative but to force you..."

Just on cue, Snape came to the room.

"You wanted to see me, Headmistress?"

"Ah, Professor Snape..." Umbridge said, "Yes, I would like another bottle of Veritaserum, as quick as you can, please."

"You took my last bottle to interrogate Potter. Surely you did not use it all? I told you, three drops would suffice."

"You can make more, can't you?" She said, her voice becoming less sweet.

"Certainly, it takes a full moon cycle... so it should be ready in around a month." Snape said.

"A month? A month?" Umbridge said, "But I need it this evening, Snape! I have just found Potter using my fire to communicate with a person or persons unknown."

"Really?" Snape said. "It doesn't surprise me, Potter has never shown much inclination to follow school rules."

"He's got Padfoot!" Harry shouted. "He's got Padfoot at the place where it's hidden!"

"Padfoot?" Umbridge asked. "What is Padfoot? Where what is hidden? What does he mean, Snape?"

Snape turned to Harry, then to Carina and saw their desperate looks, but he showed no remorse. "I have no idea."

Snape then left.

"Very well..." Umrbidge said. "This is more than a matter of school discipline... this is an issue of Ministry security... yes... yes...You are forcing me, Potter... I do not want to... but sometiems circumstances justify the use... the Cruciatus Cruse ought to loosen your tongue."