Chapter 65

Carina stood beside Roman, whilst Hermione, Ron and Ginny sat on the couch near where Harry sat. After the incident at the bathroom, Harry told them everything that happened, and where he learned the spell, but he didn't defend the Half-Blood Prince this time, after what he saw the Prince's spells did.

"You have to get rid of it." Carina said.

When Harry didn't say a thing, Ginny went to his side and took his hand with hers.

"You have to get rid of it. Today." Ginny told him.

Harry nodded. He lets Ginny lead him out of the common room, with the book, and out to get rid of the book. Leaving Carina, Roman, Hermione and Ron behind.

•†•

After a few days in the Hospital Wing, Draco was let out. Theodore accompanied him everyday, ever since he got out, and stuck by him. But Theodore couldn't be at his side all the time, when he could, Theodore would sneak off to go the empty corridor to meet Carina. It was the only place they could see each other and actually act just as they did at the Black Lake without being seen by judging eyes or gossiping students. They still had not told Roman about their current relationship and have been planning on how to do it. They couldn't stand seeing Roman's heartbroken face if they tell him... but they can't also see his heartbroken face if he finds out from a different source.

The day when the Quidditch game of Gryffindor versus Ravenclaw instead of being at the stands to support the teams Carina and Theodore stayed inside the castle, seated on a bench in an abandoned corridor. Carina was sure she'd get a scolding from Hermione for missing the game; and Theodore was sure that Draco would nag his ear off his head for even thinking about spending his free time with Carina when he should be at the Room of Requirement to make sure that the cabinet was fixed, but he didn't care; neither of them cared of the consequences of their actions, they were just glad to be with each other.

The whole time they talked about random things that made them both laugh; to Carina, she was happy to spend time with Theodore, to Theodore however, he found it as an escape from what was to come, he made sure actually savor each moment he had with Carina. Whenever they kissed Theodore always felt this rush of emotion when he kissed Carina, the unknown feeling in his stomach every time she returned the kiss, and results him to actually need her.

The days went by and Carina and Theodore's relationship was still hidden, no one – not even their friends – had seen them sneaking off to isolate parts of the castle just to be together and share a kiss or two. But their sneaking off and having a secret relationship was also eating them. Everyday when they were with Roman, all they could feel was guilt. They still didn't know how to tell their best friend about it – they were sure that it would break his heart, and they weren't ready for that.

Today though, the couple didn't meet at the corridor, they were dealing with businesses of their own.

Carina sat with Hermiona nd Ron at the floor, they stared at Harry with a worried look as he told them his plan on getting the memory from Slughorn.

"You sure?" Carina asked him.

"Positive." Harry said.

"Just one drop, you don't need to take the whole potion." Carina reminded him.

Harry nodded. He opened the cap of the Felix Felicis and then tipped it over his mouth, letting a few drops drop. Carina rolled her eyes when Harry took more than one drop of the potion.

"I did say, one drop is enough." Carina said.

"Well, how do you feel?" Hermione asked.

"Excellent. Really excellent." Harry said with a huge grin on his face.