Chapter 66

"Dumbledore won't be here tonight, so Malfoy's going to have another clear shot on what he's doing. No. Listen to me!" Harry said.

A few days prior, Harry had told Carina, Hermione, Ron, and Roman about what he saw with Slughorn's memory and had told them about his trip with Dumbledore, and just a few nights ago he heard someone – Malfoy and Nott – yelling in the Room of Requirement. Today was the day where he and Dumbledore were to leave, which meant Hogwarts was going to be vulnerable with the absence of the Headmaster.

"I know that it was Malfoy and Nott yelling at the Room of Requirement – I don't know what they were yelling about, but it has to do with something –"

"Harry, what are you talking about?" Carina asked. "Mafloy and Theodore?"

Roman, who knew about Theodore's mission, simply looked down, his jaw clenched and his hands balled to a fist. Harry sighed. He took the Marauder's Map from his pocket and shoved it into Carina's hand.

"Here. Use this – watch them." Harry said.

"Harry – " Carina tried to intervene. She couldn't believe what she was hearing. Draco and Theodore at the Room of Requirement? That was impossible, he wouldn't do something like that, Carina thought.

"And take this." Harry tossed his vial of Felix Felicis to Ron. "Share it among yourselves and make sure to give Ginny too – and tell her goodbye for me."

"Harry, you need this more than we do." Hermione said.

"No, I'll be fine, I've got Dumbledore, but I need to know that you lot will be safe." Harry said, "I have to go... I'll see you later." With that, Harry left, running to meet Dumbledore, leaving Carina and the others to worry about him and what was to come.

They stayed at the Gryffindor common room, looking at the Marauder's Map, watching Draco's dot as he paced around in the Slytherin common room with Theodore's dot simply standing by the fireplace. They have been looking at it for a while and nothing seems to be happening, the two Slytherins were just in their common room.

Carina's mind went to what Harry had said, it sounded like Theodore was a part of what Draco was doing, that he was a Death Eater. No, she thought, if he were she'd know. He would have told her – but how could she be sure, they only started dating weeks ago, there was bound to be secrets between them. But he couldn't, Carina wouldn't accept what Harry just said, she needed to hear this from Theodore himself –

"Look, they're moving!" Ron said.

Carina looked at the Map and saw Draco and Theodore on the move – fast – and were headed towards the corridor that led to the Room of Requirement. As their dots continued to move, they suddenly disappeared.

No. Carina thought. It can't be true...

"Where are you going?" Roman asked, when he saw Carina suddenly getting up from the couch they were sitting on.

"I-I have to look for Theodore." Carina said.

"No. Harry said we had to stick together." Hermione said.

"I have to see him." Carina said and then bolted out of the Gryffindor common room, with Hermione calling after her and Roman running to get to her. Roman had caught Carina, he wrapped his arms around her torso, lifted her up from the ground and took her to a place where she couldn't escape. She needed to hear what he was going to say.

"You have to listen." Roman said.

"No, I have to see him." Carina said.

"No. You have to hear me out, Carina! It's about Theodore!"