Chapter 58 - One of the Seven (III)

Finally, a new chapter!!! (and it's quite a long one!)

Was planning on releasing this Saturday, but a poor Wifi-connection said I wouldn't.

Either way, it's here now!! Yaaayyy!!! Since it's been a while since I last wrote, I'm kind of feeling like the style is different? Well, I'm not too confident about it, please comment on how you liked the chapter and whether or not the style was somewhat good or not. Thanks!!!

Love y'all!!!

Enjoy the chapter!!! (next one soon (and this time soon IS soon))

________________________________

The Swords of Wrath. According to legends, the swords were smithed from the heavens itself, able to absorb even starlight. If it had to be compared with something, it'd be a black hole. The swords contained just that; the epitomy of Dark magic, the creation of black holes. It attracted all other existences around it and devoured it. That was the main principle behind its power.

The more I clashed with the demon called Zent, the more I felt it. His swords were made by the same principle as the Swords of Wrath. They redirected space around it towards itself, and 'devoured' the incoming attacks. As long as the swords were there, the wielder couldn't be hit. At least, that's what the makers intended and the demon in front of me believed.

But the numerous cuts and scratches on the Dark Angel's body proved otherwise. The reason for it was simple. The attraction by the Swords of Wrath was far better than the counterfeits Zent was using. If it was any other sword, they would indeed be attracted by it. But the suction force of the Swords of Wrath was so big, it didn't even hold the fakes in its eyes. Not only the swords were attracted, but also Zent's body and the environment around us.

BBBOOOMMM!!!

The demon's body bent back as I hit him with the Swords of Wrath. Barely able to defend himself from a deathly injury, Zent flew back before boring straight into the ground. A small line of blood trickled down his cheek, but he once again clawed back up. His body stood less straight than before and radiated less energy, but the fierceness in his eyes had amplified by a large amount. He was angry.

"Zent, you can't win"

I tried to speak to him, but he got even more worked up because of it, attacking me again in a frenzy. His attacks were unpredictable, but due to the stat boost from unsheathing the Swords of Wrath, I easily evaded or blocked all his attacks.

"[Wind Blade]"

"[Earth Spikes]"

Using magic, I tried to wear him down, little by little.

"[Light Spear]"

Throwing the spear, I was flummoxed that it actually managed to damage him. All other magic attacks, he had defended against, not letting me damage him. But now, the spear bore into his right arm.

Yet, Zent didn't react. He just hovered in the air with a slight smile on his lips. He glanced at me.

"It's started"

BBBBBOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!

BBRRROOOMMM!!!!

BBOOBBBBBOOOMMM!!!

Right as the last syllable left his mouth, big and large explosions came from everywhere.

Purple, black, orange and red flames filled the distant sky in all directions. To the East, the West, even the South.