32. Trying Hard

Him..

"Dean. Dean, wake up." Jake shook my shoulder. I slowly opened my eyes and looked up at him then instantly at Emma.

"She's still not up." I whined, rubbing my eyes.

"Not yet. I got lunch, and I got you some clothes. She's going to freak out if she sees blood all over you." He handed me the bag.

"What time is it?" I stood up and walked to the bathroom.

"Three." He announced before I got inside the bathroom. I changed into dark jeans and a blue V cut t-shirt and white sneakers. I sighed and washed my face as I realized how much I had missed her.

She hasn't gotten up yet and I already miss her insanely. I miss her beautiful wide blue eyes and the way they look at me, mesmerizing me deeply. Her amazingly sweet smile that simply makes everything well in the world for me. That big laugh of hers that makes my heart dance with happiness. I miss everything about her and I need her to wake up so I could feel whole again. I need her to tell me that she's okay and that I'm okay. I need her to hug me like she always does when I'm mad or stressed. I need her love.

"Why isn't she up yet? She hasn't even moved a finger since last night." I walked over and sat next to Jake on the couch.

"She's going to wake up soon, don't worry. Actually you need to worry about this." He gestured at the television and turned up the volume.

"Emma Stinson, Dean Parker's new girlfriend, was attacked last night in Dean Parker's condo, after leaving the annual charity gala last night. The building was well-known by its security, yet it has now become questionable. Our sources say that she was hit on the head and lost a lot of blood. The Parkers took her to the hospital and she's been in a coma since." The reporter said, showing a few pictures of Emma and I kissing on the red carpet then me carrying her unconscious body to the car.

"She's not in a coma, is she?" I panicked, standing up.

"Uhh.. no?" Jake asked.

"Where's that doctor? Why didn't she wake up yet?" I walked to the door.

"Wait, stay with her. I'll go get him." Jake stopped me and went to fetch him. I ran my hand through my hair and walked to her.

She can't be in a coma. I mean, the doctor assured us last night that she is fine.

"Here." Jake came in with the doctor.

"Why isn't she up yet? Is she in a coma?! She's been like this since last night." I comanded answers.

"She's just sleeping. Look, she just had surgery last night. That's not easy. She's tired and she needs the rest, that's all. I can assure you that she's not in a coma. Her brain is functioning normally, her body is responding normally, her heart is beating normally as well. She only has a minor concussion, but it's nothing dangerous at all. She's just worn out. So, please, just give her some time and she will wake up on her own." He explained as he checked the monitors beside her.

"But she's not waking up." I whined again.

"She will soon. But when she does you have to go easy on her. Her head is going to hurt and she's going to have a headache, and you must not add to the pain. I mean, don't make her shout or yell or get mad. Don't make her laugh a lot or get too excited about something. Don't make too much noise around her. Just go easy with her for the next couple of days." He instructed.

"Okay, so, no yelling, no shouting, no laughing, no getting excited, no noise. Anything else?" I asked, counting on my fingers and much to my annoyance he chuckled. The fuck he was chuckling for, I had no idea.