35. Spare A Life

Her...

Matt?

"No, it's Dean, Emma, Dean. Fuck, are you okay?" He asked, as I opened my eyes to find him and Jake in fromt of me.

"Dean?" My voice came out as a whisper and my throat ached.

"It's okay. You just had a nightmare. You're okay now." He said, gathering me in his arms.

A nightmare? What? What is h--

"Oh, my god! It's Matt!" I pushed him slightly away, sitting straight.

"What about him again, Emma?" He got a little angry.

"Matt, Dean. It was him! He broke in the apartment. I remember. I saw it all!" I explained.

I can't believe it's him. He was nice.

"That fucker! Why would he do that? Jealousy? He wanted you back? I swear to god--" He stood up next to Jake.

"What? What jealousy?" I frowned at him, then it hit me.

"No! No, not Matthew! Matt. Matt from the Management department! He works at your company. Do you remember him? The one I met and you thought I was flirting with him." I reminded him and a fearful expression passed between him and Jake.

"Matthew Merlin?" Jake asked.

"I don't know his last name." I shrugged.

"Wait. I don't get it. Why would he do that?" Dean frowned, sitting back down on the bed.

Hold up..

"Dean.." I looked up at him.

"What?" He asked quickly, noticing my look.

"When we met that day, he said "It's you again." But I didn't remember ever meeting him before." I turned to Jake, "Did you introduce us when you gave me the tour on the day I had the interview?" I asked and he shook his head.

"I knew it! I knew that I would've remembered him if I had met him before because of his name. When he told me his name is Matthew, I knew that I hadn't met him, especially that I I automatically said how much I hated his name. He said to call him Matt and I was grateful because I never called Matthew anything but Matthew so it didn't remind me of him, then you came. And that's it. I never saw him again, until that night." I explained, scratching my forehead.

"That's why you woke up saying Matt! Because it was him who attacked you!" Jake concluded.

"Yes. I just remembered now. I saw the whole thing happen again." I breathed out, shivering at the terrifying memory.

"So when you woke up this morning and you said his name, we thought that you meant your ex." Dean stated quietly, not looking me in the eyes.

"Wait, I said Matt not Matthew?" I grinned and he nodded.

"Yes! I knew something was off!" I beamed.

"Fuck." He cursed as he stood up again, "I meed to call dad."

"Stay with her. I will call and inform them." Jake insisted before he rushed out.

"I'm a fucking idiot. I fucking doubted you, and all you did was mutter the name of who attacked you." He covered his head with his hands.

"It's okay." I grabbed his hands in both mine, away from his face.

"It's not. I'm an asshole. You have every right to be mad at me. Hell, I'm mad at me!" He shook his head.

"No, I am mad, but only because you didn't even tell me the details, which would have helped a lot and prevented so much.. but I'm not mad at you. You couldn't have known. It was a misunderstanding." I shrugged, happy that we had nothing to worry about.