Chapter 12: Prep for the Final Task

The morning of the final task harry wakes up in a pool of sweat. Hi breathing labored and his mind racing after he had a nightmare about dying during a cockatrice trial. It takes him a few minutes to realize it was only a dream then he glances around the room and checks the time. "oh no, I woke up several hours too early." Harry grumbles looking upon the sleeping faces of the boys in the boys dorm. It was 4 o clock and he hadn't meant to wake up till 8. He contemplates going back to sleep but after realizing what that would mean he instead decides to start his day early. He gets out of bed quietly grabs his Hogwarts trial uniform and then heads to the prefect's bathroom to take a shower.

"if I can't sleep I may as well wash myself." Harry mumbles to himself. "I doubt anyone else is awake to catch me roaming the halls this early." He makes his way up to the fifth floor to the bathroom. He realizes this is a really long walk for somebody who's common room is in the dungeons, but at this point it seemed like the prefect's bath was the only one that could maintain hot water long enough to satisfy his needs.

Harry arrives swiftly and without notice, he glances around and then he opens the door. he rushes inside closes the door and sets his things on the counter far from the tub so they won't fall in. he then quickly strips down to just his shorts but before he can remove them somebody inside the room clears their throat. Harry turns to see Snape in the bath water and he turns bright red. "oh my gosh i... I didn't see you there."

"apparently." Snape replies rolling his eyes. "why are you out of bed?"

"I could almost ask you the same thing." Harry replies crossing his arms over his chest. "why didn't you tell me you were in here?"

"well I assumed you saw me." Snape replies. "I realized you hadn't when you nearly revealed yourself... honestly kids today..."

Harry picks up his shirt and frowns. "never mind I'll just go someplace else."

"harry." Snape mumbles. "I did mean to speak with you. now is maybe now the bes... wait a moment..." he stands up revealing he is wearing shorts in the water. He points at harry's arm. "the mark where did it go?"

"mark?" Harry replies turning white as a ghost.

"don't be daft boy! The dark mark! You got it the first year you were here. Where did it go?" Snape demands.

"oh th... that mark." Harry holds his arm and frowns he hadn't thought about that mark sense Draco had apologized for jinxing the mirror of erased and tricking him into wanting one.

"it wasn't permanent..." Snape smirks. "the spell must have been interrupted, or perhaps he could sense that your allegiance wavered."

"Draco jinxed the mirror of erased and it made me want what I saw depicted in the mirror." Harry replies cautiously. "he has sense apologized for almost turning me into a death eater." Harry glares at Snape now with hate and anger. "but what about you? to whom does your loyalty lie?"

Snape pauses for a moment and then he glances away towards the wall. "lily." After a few moments he turns back to harry. "my loyalty is to Dumbledore. You're not a naive little kid anymore I imagine you know what's at stake as much as i. do not breathe word of this conversation to anyone." He then grabs his things and heads towards the door. "words of wisdom harry... never bath in a public bath without shorts on." Snape replies, then he slips his robe on and leaves.

Harry frowns at the water for a moment and then looks at the door. it was true he had not been expecting to see the potions professor in the perfects bathroom but the advice was very good advice.

-later that day-

Jade looks around the common room and then hurries to the boys dorm. "Draco." She mumbles shacking him in bed. "Draco harry is gone!"