Prologue.

Harry//
Loneliness. That's what it's like, going from city to city. Never having a moment to rest, and to reconnect. Not only to yourself but to the others around you.
It's been four years since I've began this journey. Time has passed slowly.
If I could go back I would, but only for one reason.
Her.
She was the love of my life. She too had the same dream. That's why we connected. We both knew what it would be like. We always imagined we could somehow do it together. Though deep down I think we knew it wasn't possible.
I kept track of her concerts, I watched her interviews every chance I could. The wound in my heart never  could heal that way. That's what I wanted. If it were to heal, then she would no longer have a place in my heart. I wouldn't allow it. Ever.
-
I've taken up habits throughout the years. Smoking was one of them. I finished the last of my cigarette and flicked it off into the distance. In my spare time I liked to photograph the places I go to. I pull out my camera and capture the setting in front of me. Of in the distance I hear a voice call for me, I sigh and walk towards to familiar sound of my manager. "Harry, you've got a call." Confused i take my cell phone from the woman and look at the number. I don't know it, but I answer.
"Harry?"
My heart stops for a moment. I know this voice.
-
Dua//

"Harry.." I pause, his voice is silent. I don't know why I called but I felt like I was supposed to. My life hasn't been the same.. I feel lonely. Maybe it's the glass of wine that gave me the confidence to call, or maybe it was the fact that I've been lonely. Whatever it was there's no going back, he's on the other end. "Harry, it's uh it's Dua..I wanted to congratulate you on your award. You deserve it.." silence. "Harry, please say something.." I sigh softly, my chest is tight with anxiety. "I'm not sure if I can, I might tell you something silly. Like I miss you. Because I do." He replies and it feels like I can breathe again.
"I miss you too." I tell him, "so much."
"Dua?" He asks, my name rolls of his tongue in a way that has me enchanted. Nobody says it the way he does. "Yeah?"
"I need to see you." He tells me, and a smile forms at the corner of my lips. "New York. I'll be in New York in a week.. meet me there?" I ask, hopeful.
"Okay. I'll see you there."
"Okay. Well Goodnight Harry.."
"Goodnight Dua."
-