One.

New York 5:15pm
Harry//

Pacing back and fourth of my loft I can't help but to feel a mixture of overwhelming emotions. I take a quick glance at the clock that hangs above my steel front door, I take a deep breath and decide it's time. Before leaving I put on my coat, and grab my phone and take one last look in the mirror. You got this harry.
-
The air is cold, I can already feel my cheeks turning red. My breath is visible, I chuckle at the thought of it looking like I've smoked. Harry you are a goof. I stop at the front steps of a nearby restaurant and find myself hesitating before entering.
So I open the door and as I do, my eyes lock directly with a set of brown orbs watching me from across the room. I smile and remove my coat.
The slender figure stands up, and pulls me into her warm embrace. I hope she can't feel the pace of my heart because it's beating faster as the seconds pass. "You look beautiful" I tell her and we take a seat. "Your hair-" I begin, "is shorter" she finishes, "I cut it a while ago.. I needed a change." She tells me, "well it suits you, now your beautiful face is more visible. You can't hide anymore" I give her a smirk.
"You also look well, a bit skinnier. Have you been eating?" She asks me with concern in her voice. I chuckle, "Yeah mum, I've been eating" She lets out a sarcastic laugh and gives me a smile that nearly causes me to lose my own breath. "You know how it is, with work and travel. It's stressful" I tell her, she nods. She understands.
"I leave for Europe tomorrow for tour." She says after taking a sip from her glass of wine. She's so classy, I'm in awe. "Harry?" She asks and I snap back to reality, "yeah sorry. Just got-" she smiles, "I'm leaving for Europe" I nearly choke on my own drink. "Wow.. when? For how long?" I ask sitting up a bit straighter. "Tomorrow, I'll be gone for a few months" I see the pain in her eyes, she begins to fidget with her hands. I reach mine across the table and softly touch it. "It'll go by fast." I give her a reassuring look. "I hope so."
"Let's get out of here." I tell her spontaneously, "you're only here for another day. Let's have fun. Let's make memories" she looks at me with suspicion and hesitates before replying, "and what have you got in mind Mr. spontaneous?" 
"You'll see" I wink, and grab her coat. I help place it on her and guide her out the door
-
Dua//

"Close your eyes" he tells me quite intoxicated, I giggle and cover them using my hands. "No peaking!" He says , I slightly move my finger away "hey! I'm serious!" He laughs and covers them himself, he guides me forward. Beneath us the ground is soft, like sand almost. We walk a bit further and as we do I can smell the strong scent of the air. It reminds me of the ocean back home in England. "Okay open!" He says and removes his hands, I chuckle at the swing set in front of us. "Let's get high" he winks at me, and I shake my head with laughter, how clever. we both run towards the swings and sit down beside each other. Harry pulls out a flask and offers me a drink, "why not" I say and take a shot. He does the same.
"I can't believe how long it's been.." he says as he rocks back forth on the swing seat. "I know.." I somehow get lost in my thoughts.
-
"Don't you get it!! This could never work! No matter how hard we try, we'll always have to play this fucking game! Going back and fourth Dua!" Frustrated, heartbroken and tired, Harry snaps at me. For the past year and a half we've only seen each other twice. Our lifestyles are too busy for each other, tabloids fuck with our insecurities and we were falling apart before our very own eyes. I can't help but the release the tears hidden behind my burning eyes. "I love you" is all I can say, placing my head in my hands. I can feel his body begin to get closer, a soft sigh is audible. He wraps his arms around me. "Dua.. I will always love you.. but we can't keep doing this-" I shake my head before he could finish. "I know.."
-
"Dua?" Harry asks suddenly snapping me back to the view in front of me. "Oh yeah, sorry just thinking" I give him a soft smile. Harry gives me one back as reassurance. "Do you know what I regret most?" He asks as he begins to swing higher, naturally I do the same. "Hm?" I ask, "Not trying harder." He says, my heart skips a beat. "Jump on 3?" I change the subject. "1...2.." Harry laughs loudly, "3!!"
Leaping off the swing set we fall on the soft ground in front of us, I accidentally land on top of him. For a moment we lock eyes, i can't help but to get lost in his blue orbs. My heart is beating faster by the second and to make it worse Harry places a strand of hair behind my ear, "you're beautiful-" he says before being interrupted by a phone call. I can tell he tries to ignore it, our lips are only inches apart. As we get a little closer the vibration of his phone is now undeniable, "I'm sorry-" he says genuinely before pulling out his phone. The screen shows a photo of a girl, quite beautiful. Beside her name is a red heart.
Suddenly I am 19 again, with the same heartbreak all over again.
I remove myself from him. "I should get going, I leave early tomorrow.." I tell him , "Dua wait-" he declines the call noticing my reaction. "It's okay Harry.. really" I give him a gentle look before gifting him a soft kiss on the cheek. "Take care, thank you for this memory."
He's stunned, he stands still. No words.
I walk alway, I'm confused. I sigh and call an Uber.
Walking towards the nearest street, thoughts cloud my head. Is he seeing someone? Why would he say those things then? I shake my head, and take a deep inhale, breathe..
-