Chapter 21- The Missing Cases

XANDER'S POV 

I sigh and lean back in the chair as I give him a steady look while deeply thinking about his motive. He also locks his eyes on mine with an air of tension between us, but I was the first one to break it. I have to control my emotions and suppress myself from punching this old man in his fucking face for possibly taking Emily. I have to act collected so he will not think that I am investigating him.

"Anyway, I hope you'll stick to the deal. I didn't cause any harm to the patient, so I believe that I don't deserve this punishment." I drum my fingers on the table while closely studying his rather casual bearing. If Emily is here, she would definitely tell me that this man is indeed guilty, as based on his body language, it seems like he is just acting cool and unconcerned to avoid any suspicion.

"Dr. Greene, you have signed the agreement, right? I can assure you about the one-year suspension."

"I'll be counting on that. I have a lot of patients myself, and I am pretty sure that they will always look for me."

"Fair enough. Any other concerns...?" It sounds like he wants to get rid of me right now because he needs to take care of something else...

You're watching too many action movies, Man.

"I'll see you after a year, Dr. Morrison," I stand up and offer him a formal handshake, to which he gladly returned.

I dial Sarah's mobile number as soon as I left his office. She finally answers it when I got inside the elevator.

"Alexander,"

"Hey, Sarah. I need your husband's help again." My voice is unbending.

"I have also thought about that when I saw the news this morning. I am sorry to hear about what happened to your fiancé. But I'm sad to say that Elson's schedule is full right now."

Fuck. I really need to know Frank's whereabouts. I need to know if he is the mastermind in all of this because like what Jace had said, cases like this should be solved right away.

I really didn't see this coming, and if it will be proven that Morrison is behind all of this, I will make sure that he's going to pay for this.

"I'll pay this time, Sarah, and I'll be doubling it. I just need one guy to be followed today, and this is urgent because I think he is behind this kidnapping."

"Oh my God, seriously? Elson is really busy right now, Xander. He's currently working on multiple cases from huge clients, but I'll talk to him to see what he can do."

"Thank you, Sarah. I really owe you big time."

"You have been like a brother to me, Alexander."

I let out a little laugh despite all the tension that is trying to rip my chest apart. Sarah was like my best friend, an older sister when I was having my residency at Trent Hospital a few years ago, and she had always got my back. We became closer when I saved her from doing a major malpractice to a male patient which could have cost his life and lose her license.

"That's sweet, Sis. Anyway, I'll be sending him the details of this person in his email right now. Please, you've got to help me with this one. I need the initial report this afternoon."

"Alright, I'll be calling you back."

When I reach my car in the parking deck, I look around first to see if someone is following me before sliding in the driver's seat. With what happened a while ago, I won't be surprised if Frank will have his eyes on me.

I am driving my way to Evanston police station to talk about the update of the case and to share what I have found out when Sarah called back.

"So Elson is currently in New York right now, but he gave the assignment to one of his colleagues. I have also given your details for their company's records, okay? Just pay for his services."