24- The First Life To Be Taken

"We need to evacuate the civilians!" Skyler tells Cassidy, who responds in a nod. Both of them make work of it, making sure that all of the civilians are locked away somewhere safe.

"They're coming!" Cassidy yells as Chitauri warriors come down from the portal. Skyler looks up,  seeing that Loki is watching the 'play'. Her eyes narrow slightly. A flash of red appears and Skyler knows that her father has arrived. The God of Thunder has arrived! 

"Cassidy, throw your shield into that wall, I'm going to need a ride!" Skyler exclaims, pointing to a wall, which is covered with gravity paintings. The girl nods and does as she says. Cassidy throws her heater-formed shield into the wall, and Skyler jumps on it. The shield works like some kind of diving board. It bounces her into the air, making her land on a Chitauri-air-scouter. Skyler kills the creatures on it, and shoots explosive arrows at the ones behind her, just before teleporting to the top of Stark Tower. 

"Look at this! Look around you! Do you think this madness will stop with your rule?" Skyler hears her father demand Loki. The two are close to each other, Thor forcing Loki to look around New York.

"It's too late, there's no stopping it." Loki whispers towards him, as he tries to look away. Skyler walks closer.

"It's never too late, Loki... there's always hope. We can stop it. Together." She states, approaching her family members.

"And who might you be?! What is a witch of your age, a child, doing here?" Loki spats, causing Thor and Skyler to chuckle.

"First, I stopped being a child when I was send down here... by you." Skyler says at an ice cold tone. Loki's eyes widen, as he realises who he's looking at.

"Skyler?" He states questionably. "B-but you - I saw you in that room..." 

"Pfft. Isn't that obvious? I lied, Loki." For one single moment, the true Loki seems to get hold of himself. But Skyler's eyes narrow as she sees how Loki raises a small dagger. When she wants to stop him, Loki pushes the dagger into Thor's side.

"Sentiment." He hisses. Instead of being even a little hurt by the small dagger, Thor pushes Loki and lifts him off the ground, above his head. He throws him hard on the floor. Loki grunts but rolls himself over the edge of the building.

"Loki!" Skyler screams, running to the edge too. All she sees is how Loki is picked up by an air-scooter from one of the Chitauri.

"I've gotta help down there, dad. There's nothing we can do here." 

"I know. Stay with Romanoff and Barton, I've heard that you three are quite the team." Thor tells his daughter with a wink. Skyler nods and teleports to the two agents.

"Just like Budapest all over again!" She hears Natasha yell at Clint, she also sees how two Chitauri warriors want to attack them from behind. 

"You and I remember Budapest very differently." She hears Clint reply, just as she kills the two aliens behind them with her sword.

"Yeah, you guys always seem to forget the part where I safe your asses!" Skyler corrects them, smirking. More and more Chitauri are approaching them. Skyler draws her wand and tries the one spell she doesn't control yet. 

"Expecto Patronum!" She shouts, as a bundle of white light comes out of her wand. A lioness appears and the Chitauri are blasted away by the force of the spell. Skyler turns around, seeing how Natasha and Clint are staring at her, mouth slightly agape.

"I knew that spell would become in handy." Skyler states, her smirk never leaving her face. The moment is destroyed by a Leviathan. It roars and his tail touches buildings on both sides of the street. 'There'll be a thousand of deaths in this attack, if we don't stop it', Skyler thinks. Knowing that her sword or bow won't help in this situation, she tries to remember every spell she studied.

"Immobulus!" Is the first one she casts. The creature is slowed down and just squirms into the air. 

"Diffindo! Reducto!" The spells only wound the creature, while Skyler is getting more hopeless.  'Should I? No! I can't do that!' She says to herself. 'But much more of innocent people will die... Remember? "In self-defence, you may cast every spell or curse, as long as it is self-defence and a fight of life and death." That's the law.' Her conscience tells her. Skyler closes her eyes for one moment, before running closer to the Leviathan. When she's a few foot away from it, she raises her wand, casting a curse in a small whisper:

"Avada Kadavra" The Killing Curse. A flash of green light. The monster falls down. Dead, of course. Skyler's wand has taken it's first life. 'May it be its last as well.' She prays.

_________

Don't hate me. I tried my best, and this is where I ended up with. I'll update soon. The Battle isn't over. :) 

- me