11.

Sunday was a boring day and I did absolutely nothing. I sat in the verandah section of my room and stared at the snow falling. It was getting heavier, the snow falling faster. That was my plans for the day. Doing nothing. And I loved every second of it!

I didn't have to make my boss any meals. I didn't have to clean after him. I didn't have to see him. It was great! I wanted to squeal in joy.

But I still got dressed as I pulled on thick stockings and a long sleeved dressed that stopped at my knees.

The house was warm, keeping the outside temperature, outside.

I walked down the stairs to the kitchen in my stockings as I made myself a coffee. It was ten in the morning and that was where I found Mr Black, reading on his iPad and drinking his coffee.

Obviously the paper boy couldn't make his route this morning. I snickered to myself.

I went along doing my business and was surprised that Oliver spoke to me.

"I'll be going out. I'll be back around noon tomorrow."

I creased my forehead. "I thought there will be a blizzard?" Isn't that why I'm in the mansion instead of my unit.

"It's died down for now." Was all he said before returning to his coffee.

I shrugged. I wanted to thank him for taking the dust protectors off the furniture in the spare room. But I didn't really want to talk to him either.

I went back to my room and snuggled on the sofa in the verandah. I opened a shutter to watch the snow, allowing some cool air in.

It wasn't long after that I saw Mr Blacks car leave. The snow wasn't too deep yet and if he came back tomorrow, he might not be able to drive through it.

I had the whole mansion to myself. It was Sunday. I could do whatever! Oh my! A tad excited.

I went to the first floor and wondered around. I wanted to play the grand piano, but then I remembered there was security cameras up.

Bugger.

I went to the kitchen and made myself lunch. I could sneak to my unit. Actually, I need to, a thought came through. I had clothes in the machine. I pulled on my ugg boots and opened the back door. It was white. A winter wonderland. A huge smile on my face. I picked up a handful of snow. It was cold on my fingers as I molded it into a ball. This was cool.

I went to my unit and swapped the clothes from the washer to the dryer. I found a pair of gloves in one of my drawers in the bedroom and pulled on a beanie and jacket.

I wondered through the frozen yard to the near dead garden.

Hopefully the garden will survive. I'll have to say something to Mr Black about a gardener. I don't have a green thumb. My thumb with plants represent death.

There was a garden in the corner of the yard with an overgrown path. Many times I've told myself I had to check it out but then forget about it.

Well, today, I'm doing it. It was a small path and I found a garden bench. Then there was a frozen pond. I didn't know there was a pond here.

The fountains looked mouldy and covered in moss. I had a feeling they don't work.

I went to sit on the bench when I heard a faint noise. It took a while for me to recognise the sound.

A phone. There are no phones around here... Crap, the land line.

I rushed back inside the main house as I raced to the phone. It was tucked in a corner in the kitchen.