Diagnosis

"...did you see?"

Robin was touching his face as if his mask would fall off and although taking it off was necessary, Wally was feeling a little guilty.

When the Titans stormed in, Robin's mask was still off.

"No man..."

"We did not see..."

"No..."

"It's alright..."

Robin started to get up into a sitting position until Wally helped him all the way up.

Robin gave him a look but didn't say anything. It's bad enough as it is...

"J'onn go ahead..."

The martian put a hand on Dick's shoulder and the other on his chest. Both of them closed their eyes.

"Raven... it's okay I can help you..."

"Don't ever compare me to him!"

"I'm sorry..."

"Mamì, Tatì... I'm so sorry..."

"I will never be like you!"

"I already have a father..."

"I'm not just a child... I can do it!"

"Just let it end, stop the pain. Please..."

This is not what I am looking for.

J'onn moved the hand that was on Dick's chest and set it on the boy's forehead.

"Bats, get down!

*bam*

"Urgh..."

The crooks fled like cowards and left a bleeding boy on the hard ground.

"Robin!"

Batman knelt down beside Robin and carefully took him in his arms.

The Bat tried to staunch the blood flow with his hands but it wasn't doing much.

Batman took a device from his pocket and summoned the batmobile to their location.

But... J'onn stopped paying attention to that, instead he focused on the wound itself.

The bullet was still there and although it was later removed, there does appear to be some type of lasting effect. Something a doctor couldn't see.

It's odd... close to a poison but... worse.

J'onn removed his hands and they both opened their eyes.

"Robin the pain in your abdomen seems to be brought on by severe emotional distress."

Robin slowly rubbed his neck and even with his mask on, everyone could tell he already knew that.

"How many times has this happened?"

"...this was the third time. The first was when I left the Mountain. The second was... with Slade."

"Deathstroke?"

Robin nodded solemnly.

"I see. What exactly happened?"

The Titans all automatically stiffened.

It was painful for them to see their leader reduced to such a state to protect them. But what was worse were the after effects. How Slade would constantly haunt Robin until he was near death.

Sensing the tension, J'onn rested a comforting hand on Robin's shoulder for a moment.

"I meant the pain. What triggered it during the crisis?"

"I was... being haunted in a way. Everytime I thought I saw him. Everytime I thought he hurt me... the pain in my abdomen would only get worse. And this time... I coughed up blood."

J'onn's usually indifferent face turned into one of concern.

"Robin every time the pain happens, your condition will worsen. If you are coughing up blood now... it may very well kill you in the near future. But there is no telling of which time it will happen. You must stay calm."

Like that's gonna happen...

"J'onn, Kid Flash... you cannot let Batman know about this?"

"And why not?!"

Wally's voice rose slightly.

"Because what would it matter? Why would he care? It's obvious, he's replaced me. He took my name from me and gave it to some random kid!"

He doesn't need me anymore...fine.

...ugh...

Not one of my better ones I admit...