06

I swing the door open and stare blankly at the figure standing in front of me.

"Hello, it's been a while." he says as he pierces his crystal blue eyes into my dark hazel ones. "Damon?" I question, my arms falling down to my sides, "What are you doing here?"

"I didn't get to congratulate you on your graduation," he says and his voice lowers, "and on your upcoming baby..."

"So, you've heard." I let out a breath, standing in the middle of the room as I stare straight to the door. "Elena just won't stop gushing about being an aunt." Damon tells me and I furrow my eyebrows, shocked.

"Doesn't sound accurate considering she didn't seem happy when she found out." I respond and he rolls his eyes, shrugging. "Alright, you got me. She never said that, but she does feel bad."

"If she did, she would've called." I shot back and he nods. Damon's eyes travel behind me then back at my eyes. "So, you gonna invite me in?"

I hesitate for a moment before letting him inside. His feet step onto the floor and looks around. "Uh, Hayley's the only one home. The rest are out."

"Hayley's carrying your child, right? How did that happen? Was there a threesome that somebody forgot to mention?" Damon's words fall out of his lips with a smirk appearing at the end.

I hit his arm. "Ew! No! And, it's a long story." I clarify and hear the door open behind me. Rebekah comes in with cleaning supplies. I furrow my eyebrows, but don't question it.

"I leave you alone for one hour and you're already inviting boys over!" Rebekah says while rolling her eyes and setting her items down.

"He actually invited himself." I correct and Damon shrugs with a smirk. "Nice to see you too, Rebekah."

"Why are you here, Damon? Don't you have a Gilbert to obsess over? Oh! Unless, you're still hung up on this one over here." Rebekah says through her clenched teeth.

"Ah, Barbie Klaus. Nice to see you haven't changed since your move to the big easy." Damon remarks as he too comfortably waltz through the foyer.

"That's brave coming from you." Rebekah responds and then looks down at a sponge she brought home. "Alright, well, I have a 200 year old carpet that needs cleaning so either you help or you get out." she smiles with her teeth.

Damon looks over at me with that oh too familiar glint in is eyes. "Well, Rebekah, isn't that a great coincidence seeing as my purpose of coming here wasn't really to see you." he says his eyes still blaring into mine.

"Then stop staring at her like that before my brother comes and puts your head on a stick." Rebekah replies with a raised eyebrow.

Damon's eyes drifts away from mine and stares back at Rebekah, who was already walking out of the room and into the living space. I follow after her and Damon trails behind.

"Where did Klaus and Elijah go?" I question as she sits down on the floor and begins scrubbing the blood stained carpet. "Elijah's idiotic mind made a deal with the Davina witch and gave her a page of my mother's spell book."

"Wait, Esther?" Damon asks and I nod. "Yes. Who else would be my mother?" Rebekah replies sarcastically as she continues to scrub.

After a moment of silence, both their heads snap towards the door as if they're listening to something. "What?" I inquire as I follow them out of the room and into another.

Hayley holds her neck in pain and removes her hand, small droplets of blood were shown. "What the hell was that?" Rebekah walks into the room and stares at the lonely wolf a few feet away from her.