Chapter 35

I headed to school, walking with John, holding hands. As we walked in, I heard people talking.

"Wow, Kami's back!"

"She must have calmed John."

"Now we don't have to fear for our lives."

"Shh, what if he hears you?"

"Kami could defend him and hurt you!"

"Look! They're holding hands!"

"Are they dating?"

"I heard they were last year."

So they think they're safe? No one is safe in this world. Just because EMBER is gone, for now, doesn't mean no one is in danger anymore...

We walked in and I headed to my locker and started putting stuff in my locker when I heard a familiar voice behind me.

"I would have never been able to predict this."

I turned around and seen a green haired girl standing there, arms crossed.

"What do you want Claire?"

"What? I can't see an old friend from middle school?"

"We were far from friends."

"And your point is?"

"My point?" I scoffed. "Is for you to stay away from me and my friends, or else."

"Or what? You destroy all your classmates for no reason?"

"How did you-?"

"Or have John take down half for ya?"

"I have no business in what your past is when John, but I want to know how you know about middle school? The year after you left."

"I told you my foresight was superior."

"Not as much as me though."

"Let me tell you now, I don't know why the Headmaster let you come back, but I know what you did, and if you do anything to me, I will turn you in."

"The authorities won't be able to prove who I am." I slammed my locker door shut, and before she continued, I quickly headed to my first class.

I soon noticed she followed me in. She must have classes with me, so I'm skipping. I grabbed John's arm and pulled him out of the classroom.

"What is it?" He asked.

"We're skipping class, going to the roof, no questions asked." I continued to drag him there.

"Can you- ah, please explain why-agh." He stumbled as we went up the stairs.

I burst the door open, shut it, and hoped no one came up here.

I finally let go of John, and sat down.

"Explanation?"

"Claire."

"What about her?"

I explained to him our encounter.

"But you can take her, right?"

"Yeah, I have before, and back then my level was around 7.4 I think." I sighed. "But that was then and this is now. I don't know how much her foresight will reveal, but like I said, I'm unpredictable."

"But we both need to be careful."

"True."

There was a brief silence, then loud footsteps coming up the stairs.