Ch.34 Too late to apologize

ALESSA POV

After the confrontation, Ginger didn't come back to the house and I'm sure she's with Janine. I want to apologize to her but she's avoiding me even at school. 

On the other hand, Emman didn't change the way he acts towards me, he's still focused on the preparation of our upcoming wedding, both our parents are excited but not me. I can't get Ginger out of my mind and I miss her so much.

Emman and I are having lunch together, we don't speak much  and that is fine because I'm not in the mood. He kept on glancing at me once in a while, I can feel that he wants to tell me something but I don't want to ask.

"Ginger and I talked yesterday" he finally said after a while. 

"That's good, what did you talk about?" I asked pretending not to care.

"You" I frowned at him upon hearing his response.

"She said you chose me over her" he added before taking a sip of his water.

"Yes, that's why she got mad when we're in the terrace" he didn't react to what I said so I just continued eating again.

"Are you going to leave me just like what you did to her?" I almost choked upon hearing his question.

Suddenly I'm at loss for words. I opened my mouth to say something but no words came out. I don't want to lie to him but I don't want to hurt him either.

"No, I won't do the same mistake I did before" I said flatly before standing up.

"Where are you going?" he asked frowning. I already lost the appetite to eat because of his question. 

"I'm done eating, I'll go change before the wedding coordinator arrives" was all I said before heading to my room immediately.

Ginger chose the venue for the reception and church, we're civil to each other whenever we have to talk.

She always bring Janine with her, they're officially together and it's not just for pretension. I'm jealous but I pretended not to care, I have no rights because I'm the one that pushed her away.

Tomorrow is my wedding day and I want to tell her the reason why I chose to leave her six years ago. I'm not expecting anything from her, I just want her to know that I left her because I need to make a choice.

When evening  came, Emman suddenly left  to attend an emergency meeting and Ginger is in the house. She will collect all of her things because she's now living with Janine.

I decided that it's the best time for us to talk, so I built up all my courage as I walk my way to her room.

She's busy packing her things that she didn't notice that I am already inside. I coughed to let her notice me. 

"Fudge!" She exclaimed in shock but frowned afterwards when she realized that it's me.

"What are you doing here?" she said before she continued packing.

"I just want to apologize for everything and --"

"You're forgiven so get lost" she said interrupting me.

I sighed, I know that it's not true.

"Ginger I---"

"Including not telling me that Janine's father died" she added, interrupting me again.

Crap I totally forgot to tell her! Stupid! 

"I'm sorry I forgot, I was about to tell you that before you came to the terrace but you're drunk" I touched her shoulder but she shoved it away.

"Like I said, you're forgiven for everything, for leaving me and for pretending to love me and many more. That's what you came here for right? So get lost now" She said coldly before pushing me to the door. 

I don't want to go without explaining everything to her.

"That's not true, I love you Gin! I left you before because my parents found out about us" I said as my tears started to fall.

She gave me a confused look but she didn't respond so I continued.

" She threatened me to get you and your mom fired on your job. I don't want you to stop from going to school, she also threatened to disown me if I don't leave you"

Her face softened, she then smiled and shook her head afterwards.

"You should've told me everything before you decided on your own, we could've think of a better idea. I'm poor Alessa, even if your mother got me fired I can find a job instantly!" she blurted out in frustration.

"What do you expect me to do? I'm just a high-school student back then and I thought I did the best thing to help you" I argued before sitting on the side of her bed. 

"I expect you to stand for the both of us. No you didn't do it for me, you did it for yourself"

"What? how come it's for myself?"

"You're afraid that if you choose me you will be poor! You're a pampered princess and what would a poor person like me can do right?" she said while shaking her head. Her voice is broken and her tears are starting to form.

"I don't have a choice Gin" I argued, hoping that she'll understand my point.

"Everybody has a choice Alessa and you chose the easiest way out, to break my heart and that's... the most painful thing" she said as her tears started to fall.

Seeing her right now somehow made me feel the hurt that she endured for years. I want to hug her and tell her how much I regret what I've done but I held myself.

She walked to the door afterwards and opened it.

"I'm going away with Janine. I wish you and dad a happy wedding" she said while wiping her tears. 

"Where are you going?" I asked confused.

"I'm not telling, please get out" she said while pointing outside of her room. 

I don't want her to leave, but I don't have the rights to stop her. I sighed in surrender before standing up.

"At least tell me when are you going to leave, please" 

"Today" My eyes widen upon hearing what she said. 

"Don't tell this to dad" She added before I could respond.

She looked determined, I guess this will be our last talk. I leaned closer and caressed her cheeks, I smiled because she didn't move away.

"I will be the most beautiful girl on my wedding tomorrow and I hope you will be the happiest person someday" I said before giving her a goodbye kiss. 

I broke down to tears again as soon as I reached my room. This is the right time to finally say that I will give her up and just wish for her happiness.

Tomorrow is my wedding, today Ginger will leave together with the person that can make her happy. I deserve to be hurt like this because I'm the worse. 

Happy wedding to me.

    •M•E•G•I•M•N•M•