chapter two | the prince charming of sour lollies

I hope you enjoy this chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it 😉🍒

•••|||•••

He is dead, Jenny thought as she watched her twin walk towards her with the guy she'd been avoiding in tow. He is so dead. He is six feet in the ground dead.

She grounded her teeth together, hard enough to cut through diamond as she contemplated what she should do next.

If looks could kill, her twin would've been long gone with the glare she was sending his way. She knew Santana wouldn't forgive her, but she wished death on her brother anyways.

Fortunately, Daemon seemed like he was equally avoiding her. His eyes were everywhere but on her as Jesse and him walked towards Jenny. He wore a pair of black jeans with a white shirt and leather jacket over it. He looked like the devil that tempted you to sins that would leave you gasping for air.

Jesse's playful smile slowly dwindled as he walked towards his twin, his steps faltered as he took in her expression. He was caught off-guard by the reception she was giving him.

Realization hit Jenny then that with the way she was acting, Jesse would notice right away that something was wrong with her and it wouldn't take a detective to realize that it had something to do with Daemon Matthews.

She turned away as soon as Jesse arched a brow at her in confusion. She turned to the front and stared at the back of guy in front of her.

Jenny drew in a deep breath as she tried to get her expression relaxed and calm. She needed to look as unaffected as she used to be around Daemon. She needed to look as indifferent and unbothered by his sudden appearance.

She knew she only had a couple of seconds before they reached her, and when they did she needed to act in a way that would do away with any suspicions that Jesse would have towards her.

Suddenly she heard Santana's voice a few feet away from her where she left her, "Jesse, Daemon... what are you both doing here?"

Jenny mentally thanked Santana for buying her time to compose herself when she heard both of the boys heading towards Santana instead of her.

After a couple of minutes of her waiting for other moviegoers to get their refreshments, she reached the front and ordered, her mind solely focused on how she could get out of this.

Maybe she could fake illness? But then Jesse would sense that something was really up. He could tell instantly when she lied.

Maybe she could claim to have some work left to do for the student council and that she needed to finish them? It wasn't a lie but then she had told Santana that she was done with all of her work and that she needed to go to a movie to unwind.

Screw Jesse! she thought. He was the one that had gotten her into this situation in the first place.

He shouldn't have left her alone at the party. If he hadn't dragged Santana away then she wouldn't have gotten drunk and kissed Daemon.

He should've asked Santana out himself. Why did he have to get her to convince his girlfriend to go to a movie with him?

He shouldn't have brought Daemon. What was he even thinking? In what universe was he and Daemon buddy buddy enough for him to ask him to go to a movie with him? Was this one of his attempt to make it up to his girlfriend's childhood BFF for stealing her from him? Or did he think that Jenny needed the company for tonight?

She was well capable of watching a movie by herself. In fact, she had resigned herself to the idea before she got here.

Jenny chewed on her lower lip, realizing that she wasn't the only one who wanted to get out of this evening. Daemon would be feeling as awkward about it as she would because there was the undeniable fact that Jesse had brought him along for Jenny's sake, because he would be stealing Santana away.