14.

I woke a few hours later, my eyes fluttered open. It took me several minutes to gather all my senses.

I was on my side, my left hand on something hard. I moaned quietly as I felt the weight on my legs.

Then I realised my hand was on Oliver's chest, wait, so was my head as I slid it back to look at his face. His leg was wrapped around mine and his left arm under me and that hand holding me. I couldn't move out off this without waking him.

I froze. I don't even get this wrapped up with Percy. I stared at Oliver as he turned his head to me as he opened his eyes.

"Morning." He whispered lazily before the reality of the situation hit him too.

I sat up, allowing him his arm back as I looked at the fire place. The fire was out, just red hot coals left.

"Finally!" I heard a small shriek as a body jumped between me and Oliver. I rubbed my eyes and looked at the kid.

"What's up buddy?" Oliver ruffled his hair.

"Come look Uncle Ollie." Cody pulled at Mr Blacks arm. Oliver got up and stretched and it was the first time I have ever seen him in night clothes.

Cody pulled him to a large window.

"Come on Monty!" Cody laughed as he grabbed my hand, yesterday's shyness long gone.

"Okay." I smiled at him as I stood up. We walked to the window and Oliver slid the curtain open. "Wow."

The windows were floor to ceiling and at least a metre deep of snow leaned against the windows.

"That explains the electricity." Oliver pointed to a large tree that had toppled over.

I excused myself and went upstairs. I went to the bathroom then the bedroom and got dressed. I looked out the shutter on the verandah and saw the full damage.

The tree had knocked down the power line that connected to this house. But the whole property was a white winter wonderland. It was majestic and beautiful. I was breathless.

Then I had an idea. I could take Cody outside later and we could play in the snow.

I went to the kitchen and decided on cheese and tomato on toast for the males and a coffee each for the adults.

I wanted to stay out of the fridge as much as possible due to the electricity. I called out to Oliver and Cody for breakfast and Cody came running in. His little dinosaurs on his pyjamas were colourful as I sat him at the small table.

Oliver then appeared with a security person and the went to the garage for several minutes.

"That should do it." Oliver said as he came back in.

"What?"

"I've got the fridge and freezer hooked up to a generator until someone can fix the power pole."

Well, I can stop stressing about the food now.

After Cody ate breakfast and I cleaned up, I went through his bag of clothes, pulling out the clothes for him to wear.

"You try and dress yourself, I'll be at the end of the hall if you need me." I spoke softly to Cody. He nodded and I left him there as I got dressed.

We were both in snow jackets and warm long pants as I tightened up Cody's shoes.

"Uncle Ollie is in the study so we are going to sneak out the kitchen door." I whispered to him as we walked down the stairs, holding hands.

"What are we doing, Monty?" Cody asked excitedly.