Mirror, Mirror, on the Wall [3rd in Mystery/Thriller]

"No! Lee! Save me! These monsters will kill me!"

-_ ✳︎ _- -_ ✳︎ _- 

-_ ✳︎ _- ⌘ -_ ✳︎ _- 

-_ ✳︎ _- -_ ✳︎ _- 

[Italics are me (the interviewer), and bold is Aastha/arty_enigma (the interviewee)]

I N T E R V I E W    T O O K    P L A C E :  J U N E - J U L Y    2 0 1 8

Hey, I was wondering if you were free to do that interview now? xx

So sorry for the late reply! I had been a bit busy. It'll be an honour for me to give an interview!

Sweet! Would I be able to send the questions to you as I think our time zones clash xx

They do. I think you should send the questions one by one; I'll keep answering them...

Sure thing! xx

What inspired you to write your story? xx

The inspiration for my story came from the most unexpected of places I had thought. I had been told to write a short story for my school magazine and was having a hard time developing a plot. I was itching to write a detective story, but I was getting absolutely no ideas. I searched through my favorite thrillers and sifted through almost all the fictional material I owned. I had a lot of inspiration to take help from, but I wanted to create something original, something never read before.

I never visually struck the story that actually inspired me, rather it was more of a remembrance. I remembered a puzzle story, where you figure out the answer and stuff, that I had read in a children's comic magazine years ago. And that was it. That was going to be my inspiration.

Just taking the central idea of a mirror mystery from the story, I developed the characters and storyline. First I wrote the story for my school magazine, and then I had the idea of elongating the story, adding more dimensional characters and publishing it on Wattpad. Guess what, it totally worked! 😁 And here I am!