Chapter 14. Teasing

Elina's POV

NEXT MORNING

I woke up holding my head. It was hurting soo bad. Why the hell was it hurting in the first place? I tried to reminisce what happened.

I facepalmed myself when yesterday's incidents flashed back in my head. I drank that stupid Vampire wine despite Evan refusing me and then I was fully drunken and behaving like a madass. Then Evan told me the reason why he killed Maria and I apologised for causing the trouble and then I fell asleep.

Oh God! I don't know what Evan must be thinking about me. Maybe, he'd assume that I was an insane person. No! That wasn't going to happen. He would understand that I wasn't in my senses. My fault I drank that juice. I would apologise for my insane behaviour yesterday and clear everything out. But before I had to get rid of this Godamn headache.

I got up from the bed and headed to my bathroom. I brushed my teeth quickly and took a hot water shower.

The shower actually worked and now at least my head isn't hurting that much but the headache didn't completely go either. Maybe, I need a glass of lime water. I changed myself into a long white frock with floral prints and exited my room.

I have only once visited the kitchen but I remember the route....or that is what I think but it won't be that hard to find right and once I get into the kitchen, I will grab the lime juice and dash out without any word. I remember the last time I visited the kitchen, I was so close to drinking blood. That was terrible!

As I thought, it wasn't that hard to find the kitchen. I entered the kitchen and quickly grabbed the prepared lime juice from the kitchen but halted when I heard the maids speak.

"Miss. Olivia is very strong. I am sure she will survive the turn quicker than anyone else" I turned to see a maid with brunette hair speak.

"Yeah. There's a reason why she's the head guard. Now she will be stronger than ever. Not that she wasn't strong already but I feel like she didn't wanted to become a vampire. " that made me stop on my way.

I thought Olivia was a vampire. Then what are these maids speaking? There was only one way to find out.
"What do you mean? Wasn't Olivia already a vampire?"

The maid looked at me utterly shocked. "No miss, The head in command wasn't a vampire. She was supposed to be turned on her Eighteenth birthday and she was turned yesterday"

The maid's confession took me off-guard. "Wh-what?" was all I could say.

"Yes, mam. She's in her room right now."

"Can you please show me the way to her room"

"Ofcourse"

The maid guided me to Olivia's room. Once I reached Olivia's room, the maid left. I always thought that Olivia was a vampire but No.

She was a human.

I felt so worn out being the only human in the house but again I wasn't the only human. Evan told me that there was no human in the house. He lied to me. What can I even expect from him?

Taking a deep breath, I knocked and opened the door. I stepped inside the room. Olivia was laying on the bed sleeping. I stepped ahead when all of a sudden someone pulled me. I was going to scream but the person covered my mouth with his palm.

What the hell?!

"Sshhhh" Stephen placed his finger on his lips, gesturing me to remain silent. I was going to bite his hand if he wouldn't have spoken. I slowly nodded agreeing to him.

He removed his hand from my mouth and lead me towards the balcony of Olivia's room. As soon as we were in the balcony then I spoke.
"What's going on Stephen? Why did you bring me here? And what happened to Olivia? Is she a vampire?"

"Oh, calm down, sister. I will answer your questions," he said placing his hands on my shoulder.

I titled my head. He was right. I had to stay calm.

"So..." I nodded for him to continue "Olivia is a vampire now" he said.

"Wasn't she already a vampire? Evan told me that I was the only human in the whole mansion"

"No. She was a human. Evan told that?"

"Yeah"

"I don't know why he told you. Maybe, he forgot to say to you that Olivia was a human. Well..." he inhaled a long breath "I turned her"

What?! But why?

Vampires weren't allowed to turn humans against their will. That meant either Stephen turned her by force or Olivia herself told Stephen to turn her. But why would she do that? Wasn't she happy with her human life? These questions were making me crazy. I had to clear my mind out before it bursts.

"Did you turn her by force?"

"No! There wasn't any force. She herself accepted it"

"Wasn't she happy with her human life?"

"It's a rule to turn the head guard into a vampire. Evan didn't turn her earlier because you know vampires don't age once they're turned and Olivia wasn't yet ready but it was fixed that she would be turned on her Eighteenth birthday and she herself agreed with the condition."

"I see" I couldn't find words to say. What would I say in the first place? So I stood there silently.

"I don't kind of agree with it. And I hate Evan for making me turn her" This caught me by surprise.

I knew Stephen didn't actually mean by saying that he hates Evan. As far as I know, Stephen and Evan had an unbreakable bond with each other and nothing could break them apart. But the way Stephen said it. It had a different kind of emotion for Olivia.
Concern. Worry....

"You like her?"

"What?! No!! I was just..." his face was so much flustered that I had to control my urge to laugh.

"It's okay. I was just joking. Look at you. You're fretting so much" I couldn't control but laugh.

"Sister!" He said loudly moving towards me.

"Sshhhh...Olivia will wake up. I know you want to talk to her but she should get some rest right" I winked at him and ran out of the room. He was chasing me out of the room. I was teasing him continuously and running in the corridor when I suddenly bumped into someone. I was going to fall down but two muscular arms held me firmly.

I looked up to meet a pair of greenish-brown eyes. His eye colour changed again. But it looked beautiful anyway. I kept staring at Evan and he did the same until we heard a coughing voice.

I broke the eye contact. That was then I realised what position we were in. Stephen coughed again, this time louder. Evan made me stand up.

"Sister, you know I can tease you with someone as well. Like you did" Stephen's lips turned into a naughty smirk and he was stealing glances at me and Evan then I understood what was his underlying meaning.

There was no way I was going to let him ship me with Evan so I quickly made a bit distance between me and Evan.

"Elina, I had some work. Can you please address at my office?" Evan said. It took me a few minutes to register what he said.

"Yeah. I will come"

Evan started heading towards the office. I started following him.

"Bubye, sister. Enjoy your time" I turned to see Stephen wink at me just like I did minutes earlier.

This brother of mine won't leave me alone!

I wonder what work Evan has?

____

Chapter after a long time and it wasn't that good either. Anyways, there's a lot to come ahead and I really wanna post the further chapters as fast as I can but I have to write it first😂

In the upcoming chapters, there will be a lot of entries, More of Evan and Elina and the Werewolves are still to come😉

So, hope you enjoy the read and Thank you very much for reading:)