4.

-get comfortable

I took a quick shower while I waited for Jason to arrive; after a long day it felt good to wash the city off of me. Jason texted me to inform me of his arrival as I was brushing my teeth, still clad in only a towel.

"Come on up, the door is unlocked cause I gotta go change." I said into the intercom as I buzzed him up. I quickly dashed to my bedroom and into my closet; I decided on a white cropped top and some sweatpants, I wanted to be comfortable and casual as opposed to dressing up just to sit in my living room..

I heard movement outside and assumed that Jason was probably waiting for me; I grabbed my phone and went to the front door. Jason stood there with bags of food in his hands; I noticed that he wasn't moving and assumed that he wasn't sure if he could've gone any further without me being there.

"Hey Jason, you could have made yourself at home, thank you for the food." I was trying not to blush, but he was staring me dead in the face just like he did at the party.

He shook his head at the idea, "Nah I wouldn't do that, it's rude; especially because you don't know me that well." Jason smiled politely and then held the bags up. "But now that you're here, you can show me where to put the food so I can give you a hug." He looked me up and down with his bottom lip tucked between his teeth.

I led him towards the kitchen so that he could put the bags down. I had a strict no food on the couch policy, popcorn was the only exception. "You've got a really nice place Kira." His eyes were examining the room, he looked impressed.

"Thanks, I'm still adding stuff to it because I've only lived here for about two months." I was proud of myself for what I was able to do thanks to the boutique. I didn't come from much which made being able to afford a condo on my own that much more of a blessing. I grabbed some plates and glasses out of the cupboard and set them on the table. "Would you like anything to drink?" I asked him as I went towards the refrigerator for a bottle of wine that I'd already opened.

"I'll drink whatever you're drinking." I turned back to face Jason and it was clear that he had been staring at my butt the whole time. He proceeded to put the food onto the plates while I poured our drinks and sat down.

The food looked so good; I could have probably finished both of our plates by myself based off the sheer magnitude of my hunger, I hadn't eaten anything after the brownie that I ate with my coffee in the morning.

"So, tell me about yourself Mr. Jason; I don't know anything about you." I sipped some of my wine and watched his face as he seemed to contemplate his next words.

"Well you know that I own a restaurant, I also own a couple of barbershops. I was born and raised in Harlem, I'm twenty-eight and I have five brothers." Jason said, he looked me in the eyes the entire time. I was impressed by him, it would've been easy for me to jump to far different conclusions about him if he hadn't told me. "What about you? I know that you own a store and I remember that you called yourself boring." He cocked an eyebrow as though he still doubted that statement.

My cheeks felt hot under his unwavering gaze, "I'm twenty-two and you already know that I own a clothing boutique. Last night was the first time I went out in forever and I only did it because Lea dragged me there. I was all about school for the most part and I graduated the top of my class with a business degree." I purposely left out any family stuff; I didn't like to talk about them. As far as I was concerned Lea, Jazzy and my brother were my only family.

We continued to talk as we ate, I learned that he was a Gemini and that he didn't have any problems with our age difference, which I was concerned about because we seemed to be at two different points in life in my opinion. Jason was very easy to talk to and before I knew it, we were done eating and our glasses were empty. I grabbed the plates and took them to the sink to wash them. I felt Jason come up behind me.