Chapter Ten

The corridors of St Mungo's seemed rather chilled as Renata sat outside the Janus Thickey Ward with Harry resting in her lap

The corridors of St Mungo's seemed rather chilled as Renata sat outside the Janus Thickey Ward with Harry resting in her lap. Her mind was completely spinning from the time that James' friend, Remus, came out of the room with a worried expression, claiming that something was wrong with James. She was attempting to settle a crying Harry at the time, leaving her to be of little help, but it seemed there was little they could do at the time anyways as James had entered some sort of dissociative trance. They weren't given much of an option but to bring James into St Mungo's to try and figure out what had happened.

Remus had practically carried James along and while he advised Renata to stay behind with Harry, she didn't think it was right. After all, James didn't know her well enough at the time and she didn't think he would be comfortable with the idea of leaving Harry alone with her just yet. And if he was in such a bad state, she didn't want to make things worse for him if he was to come out of it.

Thankfully, when they arrived, Adelmo was on shift and Renata was able to request him right away. Normally, Adelmo didn't deal with mental health, that was Miriam Strout, who usually looked after more permanent residents. However, since she was the expert on mental health within the hospital, it only seemed right that she was the one called upon. Of course, Renata didn't like the idea of James being brought to the permanent ward as she honestly hoped it was nothing too serious.

Harry didn't seem to know what was going on and for that, she was also very grateful that he was incredibly young. Instead, he was more or less interested in everything going on around him, witches and wizards going back and forth paired with Healers. His eyes fell over the colourful robes and his ears tuned into the passing conversations that he didn't understand. Overall, in many respects, Renata knew that he was confused. He was nearly always around James and for him to suddenly be away from him without warning, he just seemed to be wondering where his father had gone.

"It's alright, Harry," Renata reassured him as she placed her hand over the top of his head gently, "he'll be back soon and he'll be all better then."

It felt as though that she had spoken too soon as Remus came out one of the rooms looking quite distraught over the matter and in tow was Miriam Strout and Adelmo. Quickly, Renata rose to her feet, holding onto Harry tightly as they approached where they were.

"I don't like those faces," she said, " is everything alright?"

"They want to keep him overnight," Remus said, " he's out of whatever it was now, but there's a possibility he might slip back into it. They want to observe him further, but that leaves us with a problem. Who's going to watch over Harry?"

Renata gave the man a look, considering he was one of the people that James spoke so highly of, she didn't understand why that was a question. Why wouldn't he be able to look after Harry during the night?

"Couldn't you take him or stay with him overnight?" she asked, completely unaware that it would be a full moon that evening and Remus would not be in the vicinity.