Day Eight - World Population 6.2 Hundred Thousand

Day eight of the end of the world and we are now even further away from finding a cure.  The ARC announced this morning that they incurred a major loss during the second attack and that their scientists working on a cure have dwindled by nearly half.  Alongside this, the soldiers defending the facility have reduced dramatically, leaving the only hope of our state vulnerable to further attacks.  They have issued a plea for anyone with biological or military backgrounds to come forward and join the ARC in their quest in making America great again.  All communications are now down, so if you would like to volunteer, please head down to your local community centre where a recruiter will be waiting.

However, we must warn anyone leaving the safety of their homes to be extra vigilant and carry suitable protection as since the second wave the presence of the affected have increased substantially, which has made the task of keeping the streets safe extremely difficult.  Take care of yourself Alabama and lets all pray that a cure is not too far a way.

AGNES LEFAY

The news anchor signs off with tears in her eyes making a lump form in my throat.  The running population count on the bottom of the screen was back and the human race wasn't far from becoming extinct.  The number of scientists working on a cure  were getting low which meant there would be no cure in the near future.  My plan, was becoming more pertinent than ever.

I had planned to talk to the guys and then spend some time- first, pulling them back down from the ceiling after the initial shock and fury.  And then coming up with a plan to best execute what I wanted to do.  I was hoping I had a few weeks to arrange my next move, but now it appears I have merely days.

I looked around at the guys still surrounding me on the couch.  They all looked relaxed but worried at the breaking news flash we had just watched.  I was tucked up in to Jay's side, his jeans still unbuttoned from our erotic interlude half an hour ago.  Only now he was holding me just that little bit tighter.

He made me feel safe and protected, hell, they all did!  I was happy and sated but this only made my guilt intensify.  Survivors guilt, is bitch.  I shouldn't be here living the life I lost with three gorgeous men as people where out there in the streets, dying as a cure was pumping through my veins.  I needed to talk to them about my plan and I suppose now was as good a time as any.

"We should go back to the community centre." I tried to say it as nonchalantly as I could, hoping to keep the situation as calm as possible.

"Don't be daft." Connor replied "We have plenty of provisions, we shouldn't need to go back for weeks."

"I don't mean for food-"

"No!"  Blake cut in.  Damn, he caught on quicker than I had hoped he would.

Connor startled at Blake's bark.  "He's right, Red.  Unless you're secretly a mad scientist or an ex navy seal then I don't see what use we could be to the cause."

"No!" Blake barked louder when he saw the determination in my face. "They'll turn you into a fucking guinea pig!  If you walk through those doors, your life is over!"

"You don't know that!"  I argued back.  Jay stiffened at the side of me as Connor's gasp filled the silent room.  Finally on the same page as Blake and I.

"You didn't see what Jay and I saw.  They were fucking executing people in the street!  Not just the infected but the non-conformists!"

Well that surprised me.  I hadn't realised until that second that I hadn't spoken to the guys about their trip to the community centre.  Blake's transition had taken centre stage for the past couple of days and it seemed that I had a lot to catch up on.