Chapter 48

Don't forget to love this chapter or comment if you enjoyed it (; it would be much appreciated! Thank you and happy reading!

His voice was only but a whisper but I could hear it plain as day, as if my ears were finely tuned to his voice. His gently spoken words move the air in front of me, his warm breath hitting my face. I could taste him on my lips once more, almost able to taste the masculinity and power he held. His large hands cradled my head delicately, as if he were scared he would hurt me if he held me any tighter. His warmth seeped into me, the Sparks erupting from our skin on skin contact.

I reached up my other hand to rest on his cheek, his stubble tickling the palms of my hands. I brushed them down his face and to his neck, clasping them behind his head and pulling him closer to me. I could feel him shiver beneath my touch and I could feel the goosebumps that have now risen on the back of his neck. One of his hands moved from my cheek to my hair, brushing it back so it rested behind my ear. Warmth pooled in my belly and spread throughout my body when I saw the intense look he was giving me. I gave him a nod of approval and he gave me a smile in return.

The hand in my hair trailed down my side and move to rest on the base of my spine. His fingers stretch out and splayed out, his huge hand covering almost my entire lower back. He pushed against my back, pressing me closer to his body. The could feel the planes of his chest, the hard muscle rippling with power with each breath and movement he took. The hard muscles and ridges of his body indicated he was a strong, powerful man, yet, he was so gentle with me.

He then bent his head down and captured my lips with his own. It was slow and full of passion that I didn't even know that we shared. His lips were soft and smooth, a contrast of his hands that were rough from hard work. They encased my own and encouraged them to move against his, following his and responding. It didn't last very long but it had a very large impact. When he pulled back and rested his forehead on my own, I craved more, my wolf whining. He was taking it slow for my sake but, I wanted more,  needed it even. Pulling his face downwards, I leaned up and reconnected our lips. I was on the tip of my toes so I was able to reach his head. My body leaned against his more, letting him hold my weight.

At first, he was still, but took actions after a few moments. His hands moved from their previous position to grasp my hips, holding me even closer to him. Pretty quickly, he took control of the kiss, but I didn't mind one bit. If even possible, this kiss seemed to hold even more passion, connecting us on a level that we didn't have before. Our lips disconnected again both of us panting and out of breath but we didn't care. Taking in a quick breath, we connected once more. I felt his tongue run across my lip and the warmth in my stomach grew hotter, the heat becoming more intense. He growled, nipping my lip gently. I gasped and could feel his tongue slowly entering my mouth and I couldn't hold back my moan any longer, it coming quietly.

"Eh hem." Someone excused them self and I immediately pulled back. Orion let out a groan and rested his forehead against my shoulder. My face burned hotter than my stomach when I realized that the two people at the end of the hall noticed what was happening.

"Alpha Orion, sorry for interrupting. A man with ebony skin said, a grin on his face. "Alpha Ryland is waiting for you."

"Thank you, Beta." Orion groaned out, not bothering to lift his head. I watched as the Beta of the other pack disappeared back down the steps. One person remained.

"Orion." Her voice was clipped, her face full of fury, eyes burning. "We've been waiting downstairs for to long." Her eyes connected with mine and the intensity behind them grew stronger.

"I think Beta Simon made that very clear, Rebecca. Your presence here was most definitely not needed." She huffed and turned around, stomping back down the stairs. Once she was gone, Orion lifted his head and looked me in the eyes.

"Thank you." He whispered to me, kissing me softy on the forehead, before walking downstairs. A small smile was resting on my lips, still tingling from the feeling of his own lips. I opened the door to the bedroom and slipped inside.

Orion's POV
As I walked into the dining room, everyone's eyes went to me.

"About time." Ryland let out a laugh. "Finally get some action?" I could feel a blush rise to my cheeks and my men laughed.

"Oh, shut up." I rolled my eyes at him, a smile displayed on my lips. I made my way to the empty chair at the head of the table and plopped down, Ryland sitting directly across from me.

"Ever notice how our supposing Luna is never at any of these?" Rebecca asked in an accusing tone. I gripped the arms of my chair tightly, my knuckles turning white and the wood cracking beneath my fingers.

"That is none of your concern." I tried to keep my voice controlled. "But, if you have to know, I told her not to come. She is stressed out enough as it is over this and I don't want her health to go down."

"Well, these are about her. This whole mess is because of her." She sassed back. My wolf grew angry, a pack member talking back to their higher authority.

"If that is what you think, then you may leave. Your title of head female warrior is officially stripped from you. Your Luna will take over from now on."

"But-" Rebecca began, her face turning red.

"No buts." I cut her off. "You are dismissed. You may show up for your training tomorrow but you will not be running it.

"Fine"stood up from her chair quickly, the legs scraping loudly against the floor. "You just wait and see. She is not who she thinks she is." She sneered and stormed out of the room.