02 [ 09 ]

☆ ☆ ☆

In the midst of all the laughter, I find myself drawn to a figure out in the field. Sure enough, it was Steve chopping up wood, looking deep in thought while Tony was headed to the barn with Laura.

Lila follows my gaze, "Auntie Cami, is he your Boyfriend?" She asks, a little more loudly than I would've preferred as she pointed at Steve.

The innocent question makes Clint howl with laughter.

I feel the heat raising from my neck up, "N-no! No, we just work together."

"Do you want him to be your Boyfriend?" She asks next.

"Well, I'm afraid it's not that simple." I answer, hoping she'll drop the subject.

She does. Unfortunately for me, Cooper has decided that this was a good time to join in on the conversation.

"I don't see how it's so complicated, Auntie Cam. If you like each other then you should just be together." Cooper states.

I look to Clint, begging him with my eyes to help me, but he simply shrugs and resumes his work on the bannister with a huge smirk on his face.

"Right," I drawled, "I will keep that in mind."

"I could ask him for you!" Cooper volunteers, enthusiastically jumping up and down.

Before I get to turn him down, Clint barges in, finally willing to rejoin the conversation.

"You know what, I think Auntie Cam would really appreciate that." He says, making me want to smack him.

"No! Absolutely not!" I say, but my words seem to fall on deaf ears.

"Look, here he comes!" Clint urges Cooper forward, "Go on, buddy."

"Clint!" I scold, but it was already too late.

I could tell that Clint was only joking, but Cooper, being too young to understand sarcasm, takes him completely seriously.

"Mr America!" Cooper yells as he ran forward, meeting Steve halfway on his way back to the porch.

"Oh my goodness." I mutter, sinking into my chair and burying my face in my hand.

Clint doubles over, clutching his stomach in laughter. He laughs so hard that for a moment, I was convinced he was going to throw up.

"You know, my Auntie Cami is looking for a Boyfriend!" He yells.

I see the corners of Steve's mouth quirk up like he's trying his best to fight back a laugh.

"Is she, now?" He asks.

"No, she isn't." I say, placing Lila down on the chair as I stood up. "Thank you, Coop. As much as I love you as my wingman, I think I can manage finding a boyfriend myself."

Steve's eyes flicker with something that looked like regret, but it was gone so fast I couldn't even be sure of what it was.

"Enough with all the chit chat." A familiar voice spoke just as Steve was about to say something.

"Fury?" I furrowed my brows.