9

Edited.

••••••••

The next week flew by quickly.

Which is a complete lie.

Last week went by at a snail's pace. Turns out, it is not as easy to ignore someone as I once thought. He is everywhere, like a plague. In the hallways, in almost all ofmy classes, in the cafeteria, everywhere. Somehow I persuaded mom to let me stay home instead of babysitting. She was reluctant at first, but she eventually gave in.

My efforts to ignore him epically failed. He keeps appearing around me, making it harder to avoid him. I mean, people don't coincidentally pop up in the seat beside me when they always sit at the back.

And to add salt to the wound, he keeps annoying me, like an irritating fly. Repeatedly tapping his pencil against the desk when I ask him to stop is definitely not irritating at all.

Friday finally arrived, and I was more than happy for the weekend because I wanted to nothing else than kick back and relax. I'll no longer have to worry about him irritating me. Unfortunately, I'm still in the last period of the day, and he's sitting right next to me. Math and him irritating me definitely won't end well.

"Hey Nerd."

I ignored him, finishing up my worksheet instead. Just three more minutes, and I'll be released from hell.

"Nerd?"

Nope.

"Nerd?"

Poke.

I can ignore him poking my arm.

Poke.

Yup, so easy.

"Baby."

"Don't call me that!" Well there goes my plan to ignore him.

"Ha! I knew that'd tick you off." He says, a stupid smirk on his face as he folds his arms, purposefully flexing his biceps.

Show off.

"You free tomorrow?"

I'm not an item on sale, ya idiot. I'm expensive.

"Ignore me all you want babygirl, but I'll get you to talk to me sooner than you think."

The bell rang, signalling the end of this traumatizing week. I quickly stuff my belongings into my bag, rushing out the door before he could stop me. I gratefully sighed, knowing he didn't follow me. As little as I do know about him, considering his tendency to stalk me this past week, I was beginning to think he'd follow me everywhere, like a lost puppy.

When I reached home, Stella was already sprawled on my bed as if she owned it. A bag of potato chips and a coke sat next to her. She must've heard me open the door because she glanced up, a large grin on her face when she saw me. It wasn't the usual "Hey, what's up?" kind of grin. It was more of a "I have a diabolical plan that will most likely get us in trouble" kind of grin.

"Oh my, I absolutely cannot believe I forgot! I have to go...get groceries for my mom. Sorry we can't talk, bye!" My excuse shot out as I turned away, getting ready to sprint out the door and away from imminent doom. My plan of ditching my own house immediately failed when she grabbed my arm, dragged me back inside, and forced me to sit on the bed.

"She did grocery shopping yesterday."

"Uh, I actually have to give in some books to the library too. Their due today so I absolutely have to go now. I will be right back." I jumped off my bed and made a bee-line to the door, only for her to yank me back,

"You returned them today during lunch."

"I have to buy... school stuff. I'm all out of pens."

"What happened to the excessive amount of pens you bought three days ago?"

"Alright, fine. What do you want?" I sighed in annoyance, giving up. Let's face it, she knows everything, and she won't hesitate to prove it whenever she has an idea that involves dragging me out of my comfort zone.

She flashed me a mischievous grin, walking towards the cupboard. After ruffling around for a few minutes, she pulled out a box. Not just any box, the box. The kind of box that is stuffed with useful yet useless things that I never actually use.

"What's on your mind, Stells?" I curiously ask.

"We are going to prank your brother." She triumphantly smiled, placing the box down on the bed.

"Why?" I absentmindedly ask as I lightly trace my finger on the engravings.

"Remember when he dyed my hair green?" I nod my head, a light laugh escaping my lips at the mental image. I remember that day so clearly.

"Yeah, but that was a month ago." I say as she mischievously grins.

"Ah yes, my sweet innocent best friend. I silently waited to strike at the most unexpected time!" I opened my mouth to protest, only to be immediately interrupted.

"Yay or nay?" She held her hand out and I look at it suspiciously for a solid five minutes before saying no.

"Nay."

"Why the fuck not?!"

"Don't cuss."

"Not before you tell me why the fuck you won't fucking help me!" Damn, my poor ears.

"He pranked you, not me. If I get involved in your scheme, then he'll build a stupidly elaborate revenge scheme!" I say, emphasizing 'revenge' to prove my point.

"You're going to ditch me just because you're fucking selfish?!" She furiously spat out.

"Different wording, but yeah." I snatch my baggy shirt that I stole from Noah and denim booty shorts. I walk across my room to the bathroom to change.

"Remember that Friday when I wanted us to go to that party hosted by Ian Gosling, but instead we went to watch your movie?" I groan in frustration, walking out of the bathroom after changing.

"And that day I got a date with Liam Brooks, but I canceled because you were feeling sick and wanted us to have a Netflix marathon?"

"And the day when—"

Alright, fine! Stop it! What do you want me to do?" I finally asked, throwing my hands in the air.

"Sit still and look pretty." She says, an evil glint in her eyes.

"Also..."

Oh, no. What have I gotten myself into?

••••••••