Chapter 41: The Agreement in the North Castle

"The pirates violated the laws of the mainland. They must face their punishment whatever the circumstances are."

That was exactly what they said when I laid my request on the table. And since the sea was considered the West Land's domain, the pirates must remain at the custody of the Westons. I left the room looking defeated and decided to meet the strange girl in the room given to her. The good thing was that, my parents allowed me to give a temporary home to this girl in the condition that she would work for the East Castle. It sounded better to me than to let her wander in the forest alone. She looked absolutely ready, almost enthusiastic, when I entered the room. She seemed to be excited of the idea of having dinner so together, we went to the dining hall.

If I could paint the surprised look of the girl when she came face to face with my parents in the dining hall, I would. She was seated beside me and I couldn't help but smile at her reassuringly as she regarded my parents with confusion and uneasiness.

"When you said you're going to bring home a wolf, I thought you're talking about a real one and not a random young girl in the woods," my father said when silence continued in the room.

"I am Lady Adeline Crimson of the East Land and this is my husband, Lord Caleb." My mother decided that it would be best to start with a proper introduction.

"I know," the girl immediately answered.

I didn't know what was going on in the girl's mind. She seemed to be unhappy meeting my parents though I could say that she looked completely surprised.

"Ofcourse, you've heard of us," my father replied. "And my daughter?" he asked pointing at me.

Her eyes widened as she turned to me. I admit that I wasn't able to properly introduce myself considering the attitude she displayed in front of me in the woods. I wasn't also a famous personality before I was taken away from the mainland since my parents made sure that I'm well-protected and far from the scrutiny of the public's eyes.

"I'm Lady Primrose Crimson. Welcome to the East Castle," I said trying to ease the tension. We all waited for the strange girl to speak. She took her time looking at us, like we were the predators and she was our prey.

"Dorothy," she said. "My name is Dorothy Caswell."

"Well, I'm pleased to meet you, Dorothy. Please help yourself with the food. There's plenty of it for all of us."

She nodded and started to dig in. She ate like she hadn't eaten food for days and I found myself eating like a pirate as well. I was already home and there would be absolutely no one who could ruin my dinner at the moment.

"However, at the corner of my eyes, I caught the uneasy glances my parents shared with each other. They made me feel like they're hiding something and the presence of this young girl was bothering them.