20.

Monty's P.O.V

Cody sat opposite me as I watched him eat his pancakes.

"What do you want to do today?" I asked as I brushed his hair with my fingers.

I took him to get a haircut a few days ago and they trimmed it too short for my liking.

Cody shrugged. "The park?" He asked between mouthfuls.

"It's still covered is snow." I answered him.

"Don't know."

I hummed. "How about we get you some more crayons?" I have noticed they were getting smaller.

"Yeah!"

"Eat up and meet me in your room." I said as I left the kitchen. I got to the top of the stairs when I saw Cordie.

I was slightly surprised she was still here. This is the third morning this week she has graced this place. Usually she doesn't acknowledge me.

I went to Cody's room and went through his clothes, picking out trousers and a nice shirt and socks.

Cody came up shortly and I helped him get dressed and put his shoes on.

I knocked on the study and entered, leaving Cody on the stairs.

"Mr Black. I'm going out with Cody." I informed him and swiftly left, noticing Cordie on the sofa.

"Before you disappear though, I just want to inform you I'll be hosting a formal dinner here next Friday."

"But next Friday is my night off." I gasped.

"Well, I'm sorry, but I can't change the date of this dinner because it's your night off. You can have Saturday evening off."

"Fine." I grumbled and slammed the door and walked to Cody. "Come on buddy, let's get the most expensive crayons. They last longer." I lied as I tried not to take my anger out on Cody.

We were out for hours as I purchased some things for Cody on Mr Blacks card and some stuff for myself on my card. I bought Cody lunch and then I decided to treat him to a movie.

Lucky for me there was a baby screening on for up to five year olds of a Disney classic and paid for the tickets.

Stuff him. If I can't have Friday night off, then I'll take my sweet time with his nephew and his credit card.

****

The rest of the week was hectic for me. Between being Cody's nanny, cleaning and my own chores, I had to plan a dinner.

I rehired the same catering company and another bar attendant and some musicians. It was hard trying to get myself ready and trying to get Cody to bed but he was a persistent little tyke and followed me everywhere while I tried to keep in the kitchen.

Cody looked up at me in his paw patrol pyjamas and I sighed. "Cody, go tell your uncle that his friends will be here soon."

Cody ran to the study from the side kitchen door as I scooped him up a bowl of chocolate mint ice cream.

I placed the bowl on the small table, away from the busy staff in the kitchen as he ran back, looking scared. He ran straight into me, burying his head into my thighs.

I knew exactly what scared him. Oliver stormed in then, looking murderous.

"Why is he still up? I have a business dinner about to happen!"

I gasped at his tone used at me. "Excuse me!" I picked Cody up and placed him in the chair before grabbing Oliver's arm and dragging him out off the kitchen. "He couldn't sleep and I can't be up there coaxing him to sleep if I'm needed down here!" I snapped at him as he pulled his arm back.