CHAPTER 12

RUBY'S POV

After the family meeting, Elly and I went back home. Elly was acting all weird. He hasn't talk to me well. He has been answering me in monosyllables also.

"Love? You sure you're alright?" I asked him because I was worried with his actions. He keep ignoring me and wasn't eating well too

"Im fine" he said, standing up from the bed and went somewhere.

Maybe he needs some alone time so I decided to go back home. I went to see where he is and turns out he was standing outside the balcony.

"Love, I will let you be alone now, I think you need some alone time. I'll go home first okay? Call me when your okay na" I infromed him and he still didn't respond. He didn't even face me. I was really disappointed with him not trusting me.

I went home and sat down on the sofa hoping that Elly would call back pero he didn't.

5 days later

It has been almost a week now since I have talk to Elly. I tried calling his lolo and Sir Joshua but they said he wasn't around. They said he went somewhere, probably a business meeting but why didn't he told me?

I am getting worried and angry at the same time. What is he hidding to me? Or is he bored of me na? Or maybe he got a new girlfriend na?

I decided to trace him through phone, I remembered installing an app in his phone where it can share his location to others 24/7.  Thank god for that, now I can trace him na. Its not like I don't trust him or what, I just installed that for important purpose and this is important. I need to freaking know where is he.

I took out my phone and went to trace him.

"Bilis, bilis!" I couldn't wait till it finish loading.

"There!" It has finished loading and It shows that his at home. What the fuck? Lolo and sir Joshua said he is not in town.

I decided to meet lolo first to ask why he lied. Maybe Elly's action towards me has to do with lolo or sir Joshua.

I went to lolo's house and was surprised how big it was. I only know his address because Sir Joshua always tell me to keep lolo's address in case he'd ask me to go here for bussiness purposes but I have never been to lolo's house yet. It is so big for only himself here.

I was standing in front of the gate not sure how to call lolo when lolo himself open the gates for me while standing infront of his entrance door

I was standing in front of the gate not sure how to call lolo when lolo himself open the gates for me while standing infront of his entrance door. Well, its an auto gate so yun.

"Come in come in, what are you doing here Ruby?" Lolo let me in his house and grabe is was beautiful.

"You stay here all by yourself?" I asked him without even answering his actual question.

"Yea, I do but Joshua's dad use to come and go. He'd stay sometimes too." Lolo said

"Oh I see" I keep looking around.

"So what makes you bring here?" Lolo asked

"I wanna know if Elly is really out of town or not?" I tried ask him again hoping he'd not lie this time.

"Yea he is out of town, I even went to his house to check if he is there pero wala he went somewhere. He even called me earlier." Lolo lied

"Lolo?" I said staring at him. He is lying but why?

"Why are you lying?" I said

"What do you mean I'm lying?"

"He is at home now! He didn't call you and you did not went his house to check on him!" I raise my voice a little in anger.

Lolo turned around and took a deep breath before he talks.

"You don't need him Ruby, he is no good for you"

" I don't understand lolo? Why the lie?"

"Just listen to me, you deserve better Ruby"

"WHY?" I asked while crying. I was

"Because"

"Because what lolo, please naman! Tell me why?" I begged

"Because he is a god damn gangster Ruby!" Lolo said

"What? no! " I was in shock. I know him for quite long but I never know this.

"Yes Ruby, he is a gangster, the whole Reyes family is a gangster. Joshua is talking over the cobras and you will not be safe staying with Elly" lolo said

"I don't understand! Why didn't he tell me?"

"He was suppose to tell you until he knows the truth about you"

"What do you mean? What truth?"

"You're dad was killed by the Cobras"

"No no, my dad got into a car accident" I said while crying.

"Ruby..... The killer was....." lolo hesitate for a while. His eyes started to water.

"Who was the killer? Tell me!!!" I shouted

"It was Elly" he said while he tilted his head down.

"I don't believe you! I dont believe you!!"

"Ruby, Im sorry. I warned him since that night at the office but he just wouldn't listen. I knew this day would come. Your dad was a good guy, we just didn't mean it, Ruby. Im really sorry." Lolo started to tear up as he saw me crying.

I was so angry. Sobrang galit and disappointed at the same time. He was lying to me all the while and I was such a fool to even trust him. I would have accept this mistake of his if he told me earlier pero its little to late na. How the hell did I even trust him? Liar! Cheat! He didn't even trust me! If he did, he would have told me that he is a gangster even then pero no, he didn't.

I was really mad to the point where I am starting to hate him na. He makes me look stupid. I fight for him over my family, even Vincent told me he was a danger to my life pero I did not listen. I feel betrayed, hurt and disappointed all at the same time.

I keep crying and lolo too. He keep appologizing to me. I wanted to say that he is not at fault but a part of me keep telling me not too dahil I shouldn't show the soft side of me, I should stay strong and show everyone that Ruby is not weak.

I quickly took the keys and went out. Lolo tried to chase me but he knew he couldn't stop me.

I still couldn't believe that he is a gangster and most importantly a killer!