I Don't Care

WARNING: Brief thoughts of suicide!!

Also, I am out of the hospital right now but I have a check-up with my regular doctor later today.

I am ill with something they haven't found in my body yet, my white blood cell count is too high which indicates an infection somewhere so I may end up going back to the hospital later. But for now-- FREEDOM!!!!

Oddly enough, receiving something equal to a death sentence didn't make Robin upset.

Frankly he didn't care. He has evaded death so many times in his short life, even before he became Robin.

He knew very well he was bound to run out of luck eventually.

There was only one thing he had to make sure of before he... left.

He finished printing the document and looked it over.

Really wasn't much, just stating he wanted Cyborg to take over as leader.

He shoved the document into a desk drawer and walked over to sit on his bed.

Although he didn't care that he was going to die he was afraid but not of death itself. He was afraid of not knowing when.

But there was always an option for that.

His gaze flitted over to his nightstand, where the pocketknife Bruce got him for his birthday was.

He picked up the blade and ran a finger over the tip.

Certainly no expense was spared on Bruce's part. Remarkable craftsmanship. Very sharp.

Wouldn't take much at all. Just one on each wrist...

Dick's eyes narrowed and he pressed the blade hard enough on his finger tip to raise a small bead of blood.

No pain, and it didn't take very much pressure at all.

He watched the blood drip from his finger until it started to increase in flow.

Then he got up and went to his bathroom to wash both his hand and the blade off.

When he finished drying off the blade he tucked it into his utility belt.

He wouldn't do it. Not yet anyways.

That was a last resort.

Besides... that's not how heroes go down. That's not how he wanted to go.

But it remained an option.

Red lights and a blaring alarm suddenly sounded throughout the whole tower.

Trouble.

Robin ran out to the main area where the other Titans were already waiting.

"Who is it this time?"

They all looked hesitant and then Gar pointed up to the monitor. None of them spoke, they were all looking at their leader's face.

"Hey Harleeeeeeyyyy, any sign of our little birdie yet?"

Ugh... so not in the mood!

"Let's go."

What the heck is he doing here?
_______________________________________

Right now, the team was hidden behind a building.

Usually, they would already have moved into the fight but this villain was more dangerous than any of the others they have faced.