Vain Pride

JK POV:

I was never this much relieved in my life when I heard Jin hyung telling me that he was out of danger now.

I could see Jin Hyung gaze filled with lots of questions but for now, I wanted to be alone with him, at least for one last time.

"You have fifteen minutes with him, he needs to rest. I will be waiting for you downstairs", Jin Hyung said before leaving the room.

Once he was gone, I stood up and sat near him caressing his soft hair with my hand.

He looked so innocent, so pure like an angel and yet how could he break my heart into million pieces.

My heart wanted to believe that he wasn't lying, that he wasn't trying to leave me earlier but what I saw was the bitter truth that sooner I accepted the better.

Maybe he was feeling guilty of what he was going to do and that's why he lied but I could tell that he never loved me; it was me who tried to impose my love on him, so why should I keep him bound to my love when it will never be reciprocated.

I had already done a lot to him and it was time that I should fairly let him go and I knew if I stayed in this house, I might change my decision, that I might become the old me that will hold him against his will.

No matter how hurt I was by him, I could never hurt him in response. That was how much effect he had on me that was how much he changed me.

I wanted to stay here longer, to keep him enveloped in my embrace but I knew I had to go, the sooner the better.

With one last soft kiss on his cheek, I left the room heavy heartedly knowing that I will have to face my Hyungs now.

Honestly, I was so emotionally drained that I could barely stand up on my feet, the old me wouldn't have cared a bit but I knew they deserved an explanation.

"That's unfair to him Jungkook-ah, you should at least hear out his part once", Yoongi tried to reason with me but he I had already made up my mind and I wasn't changing it any time soon,

"My decision is final Hyung, goodbye", I left before they could question me more.

***

Days passed and I got more miserable.

I tried to get over him, I tried to drown my pain in alcohol but nothing seemed to get out the image of the small, cute, innocent Mochi that I had left behind.

I was continuously being updated about his health through Jin Hyung and I was relieved that he was getting better day by day.

"You should come back home Jungkook-ah", Jin Hyung said to me one day, "He is getting better but he looks so sad these days. He barely smiles and is lost in his thoughts all the time. I have to force feed him every day because he will refuse to eat. He misses you so much Jungkook, come back. If not for us, at least come back for him", Jin Hyung pleaded through the phone.

"You know Hyung that I won't come back as long as he is there, I can't trust myself around him Hyung, I don't want to hurt him more than I already has and besides he just feels guilty of deceiving me he will soon get over it", I said sighing deeply.

"Honestly Jungkook you are being childish now, at least give the poor guy a chance, why won't you let him explain. Just hear him out once and I know you will come back running to h......" Jin Hyung suddenly stopped talking out of nowhere.

After a few seconds of silence, a soft angelic voice hit my ears, "J-jungkook", and I swear my heart skipped a beat, actually many beats.

How I longed to hear that voice again.