Are we there yet? (Lucas)

You were looking at the red horizon in front of you. The sun was about to set. You turned around to look at Lucas, who was busy trying to find the fault in the car. "Any luck?" You called out. He shook his head then closed the hood of the car.

"We better find some place to stay for the night. I saw a motel on the way here," he looked around at his empty, desolate surroundings. He walked to you and took your hand in his and the two of you started walking, since there weren't any cars around to hitchhike, it was your only option.

After five minutes of walking, you saw some lights at the far end of the road. "Are we there yet?" You asked him.

"No, a little further." Another five minutes passed, the lights had grown bigger but were still far away.

"How much longer?"

"Just a little further," he assured you.

"But how much longer before we get there?"

"Not much."

"Ten minutes, fifteen? Give me a number," you kept on prodding.

"We'll get there when we get there," he said, now annoyed.

"Gosh, I'm so tired of walking. When will we get there?"

Lucas sighed, "that's it," he mumbled and scooped you up in his arms. You gave out a tiny squeal at the sudden action. "You won't get tired now."

You wrapped your arms around his neck, "yes, but you will."

"I'm fine," he assured you with a smile.

"It's romantic and all but I'm not that light and you'll get tired," you laid your head on his shoulder. Not walking for a moment felt nice but you cared for your boyfriend. When he did not reply you continued. "You can carry me for three minutes, okay? I won't pester you with questions anymore." He nodded. You closed your eyes for the next three minutes.

When you opened your eyes you were wrapped in a warm blanket, and in front of you was a sleeping Lucas. One arm was under your head and the other around your waist. You couldn't believe you had fallen asleep while Lucas was carrying you. You felt guilty for what he had to do, he must've been pretty tired now.

You put your hand on his face and stroked his cheek with your thumb. His eyes slowly opened. "Oh, sorry," you hadn't meant to wake him. He only shook his head and pulled you closer. You slipped into slumber once again.

The next morning, when you told Lucas that he should have woken you, he shrugged it off saying, "you look cute when you're snoring." Then he left with a tow truck while you were waiting for him at the entrance of the motel.

"Hello miss, are you with that young man that just left?" An old man approached you.

"Yes, I am."

"Last night he came carrying you asking for a room. I almost called the cops, thinking he had kidnapped you or something." You felt your face heat up from embarrassment, you gave him a nervous laugh.

"All's good, sir," you assured him. He nodded and walked away. After a few minutes of waiting, you could see the tow truck coming from afar. "That didn't take long," you mumbled to yourself.

xxx

Thank you for reading. Please vote if you liked it.