Kiss

Calcifer sighed from his hearth, knowing full well that if he tried to intervene between their argument, he would just end up getting yelled at. And what were they arguing about this time? They were arguing about laundry. Plain old laundry.

"Are you a complete idiot?! Everyone knows you can't throw reds and whites together!" Howl shouted, pointing towards his favorite once white shirt, now pink. "Well excuse me, but that has never happened before! I bet you put some spell on it to make it change like that!" Sophie shouted back, crossing her arms. "Why in the world would I put a spell on my favorite shirt? Just admit it Sophie, it's your fault!"

She glared at him like no one's business. "If you're so set on making me upset, then 'll just go ahead and leave!" Before she could make an exit and stomp her way upstairs, Howl grabbed her by the shoulders and swung her around. "Will you just be quiet?"

Before she could even react properly, he leaned in and kissed her, making her anger quickly melt. A few seconds later, she pulled back and muttered, "I'm sorry for ruining your shirt." He laughed it off and said, "You know I could always fix it with magic if I really cared enough."

The two walked upstairs hand in hand, and Calcifer smirked from his hearth, and hoped this could be a new way for them to stop arguing so much.