Thank you dad- 46

Kirishima pov
Before I knew it, my mum was out of sight. Left alone in the moody light of the street lamp was me, Katsuki and my dad. I didn't know what her leaving meant, was she leaving forever? Did she no longer love me? Before I could go down them thoughts I was interrupted by a firm hand on my shoulder; it was my dad. "I'm staying." He smiled empathically. I tried to muster up words, yet I just choked on them. "Look Eijirou, I'm not going to pretend like I really understand all this, or that I'm thrilled about it. But I'm also not going to forget my son. So I'd like you to help me understand." He turned to Kat. "And you to, Bakugou." Kat nodded slowly before taking a seat on the bench; indicating us to sit also. I did, but my dad stayed standing up, looking at the two of us.
"So shoot. What do you want to know?" Said Kat. Even though he sounded confident, I know he was just as nervous as I was.
"Well, for starters, this isn't just- you know- a phase? Something you'll forget about in a few years? Cause you do know that that can hap-"
"No, it's no." I interrupted calmly. Thankfully, my dad just nodded.
"And you two- you two love each other?"
"Yeah, just like any other couple would. Just cause we're two guys doesn't change that." Kat explained, looking up at my dad. As we all stared at each other in silence, I decided I should say what I wanted to all night.
"Look, dad. It's okay if you feel slightly, uncomfortable. You're new to this, I get that. But you need to understand that you shouldn't view me differently, you shouldn't treat me differently." I felt Katsuki's arm wrap around me. "There are bigger things to worry about than if your son is gay. And you can tell mum all this as well." I stood up to show my confidence.
"Yes Eijirou I know, but it'll be so hard for you mum, you know how-"
"Just don't think I'm going to mope around, feeling like absolute shit because of her ignorance! She either cares or she doesn't, that's not for me to sort out!" I was yelling but I couldn't stop. Worrying about offending my dad, I prepared to apologise. That was until I saw his dark eyes become glossy as they filled with tears.
"I'm just so sorry." He embraced me whilst I just stood in place. "I do love you Eijirou, and so does your mother. I'll make sure she does."

After the hug, he began to ask questions about me and Kat, nice questions; 'how long have you been dating? What was your first date like? Who asked who to be boyfriends? I knew that throughout he was slightly awkward, but he was trying. Then, around half an hour later, he said he'd head back to the hotel to talk to mum. That then left me and Kat to head back to our dorms. We just cuddled on his bed and talked peacefully. "They probably won't stay the whole week." I said, my head in on his chest. His legs cradled my hips as we laid on our sides.
"Yeah." He paused as if something had just came into his head. I briefly looked up to see him blushing slightly. "I'm planning the next date, it'll be this week, yeah?" I smiled at his excitement and nodded.
"Yeah, it better me awesome."
"It will be." He laughed. I hated to turn the mood cold, but I had to ask;
"Do you think my mum with accept me?" Kat's arms held me tighter.
"Of course she will, she's your mum." His voice was so sincere. I yawned.
"But she has a lot of pride. She may find it hard."
"And if she can't realise how amazing you are, then fuck her? Like you don't need unnecessary negativity in your life." He had a point, but it was still hard to accept. Suddenly, my phone buzzed. I reached over and read the message that was displayed on the screen. "Who is it?" Asked Kat curiously.
"It's dad. It says 'we're leaving tomorrow at 9. Come meet us at the train station before we go.'"