Chapter 27: Mates, Mood Swings, and Planning.

Before we get started:

So many, if not all, of you guys may already know that I have decided to make another werewolf story. It will not in any form be another sequel to this one but I was hoping you guys would check it out anyway? The story will be more aggressive and realistic to the way werewolves are since I now have far more knowledge about them then I did when I started this one. I wont say much right now but at the end of this story, in my author's note, I will give more information. Thank you guys so much, now without futher interruption, I present you TWPM.
~~~~~~~~~~

"So, tell me about this mate of yours." I smirked politely before handing Cassidy a glass of pink lemonade and the sliding into the chair next to her at the kitchen counter. She'd come over to help me plan for Aiden's upcoming second birthday, only 3 weeks away, since Eric was still trying to recover. It'd been four days since his injury, and although he was healing, the estimated time until full recovery was still seven days from now. On top of that, the insulin the doctor had prescribed and instructed me to give him twice daily, was only turning him into a sleepy grumpy mess. Cassidy took a long slow sip of the drink as I held mine to my teeth, loving the coolness of it. "I mean, is he dorky or cool? Sporty maybe? Where'd you meet him? Dear Goddess, spill the details already!" I smirked before placing the cup down next to my laptop set in front of us.

"Well, he's a sweetheart. That much is obvious." She grinned, blushing to herself. "He likes to leave a single daisy on my doorstep every morning and sign it as a secret admirer, but I recognize his scent. I'd recognize it anywhere." I couldn't help but love the way Cassidy was beaming, love for her mate consuming her whole. "Cameron Wells, that's his name."

"Casisdy and Cameron, cute. I like it." I grinned at her, watching her nod in agreement. Her blonde hair was pulled up into a messy up-do while my brown hair was tied into a braid. "So when is the wedding and when are you going to invite me to be your maid of honor huh?"

"Shut up! Me and him aren't rushing this, we know the whole mate thing is amazing but... We want to know each other first." She sighed before turning to me. "He wants me to meet his family day after tomorrow, I'm flying out to California late tonight. I'm packed and everything."

"How long will you be gone?" I asked shocked. Cassidy had never been the type to meet a boys parents. She never really wanted to, but I guess, Cameron wasn't just a boy. I mean, he was her mate and things were bound to be different.

"A week, maybe two. But when I get back I... I'm going to ask you dad's permission for him to join the pack." She admitted a bit nervous. "But since I'm your future third in command, I thought I'd ask your consent first. He wants to meet you so badly! Aiden of course too, he knows I love my little godson. I've shown him so many pictures he'd recognize you two on the street."

"You know you have my consent, anything that'd make you happy? Of course. I'd do anything for you Cass. Even kill." I smirked at my best friend, a part of me feeling a tad jealous that her and her mate were getting along so well. She grinned at my comment before we both turned our attention back to our separate laptops and began planning.
~~~~~~~~~~

"Do you think it's weird we haven't even thought about baby names yet?" I asked Eric later that day as he ate his lunch. Aiden was on the bed next to him playing with his toys while I sat on the dresser, phone in hand. Eric shrugged before spooning more food into his mouth, his face locked into an almost annoyed expression. "I mean, everyone knows now."

"Yeah, they do. So what?" He snapped suddenly as Aiden tossed his car across the room. I frowned at the baby, but I was exhausted from running errands and everything else I'd done throughout the day. So instead of reprimanding him, I allowed the behaviour to slip. "So you're just going to sit there while he throws his shit? Great mothering skills. Can't wait to see what you do with the second one."