Chapter 2

Tanya sat on her windowsill as she watched the sun begin to set, another day more silence.

Cedric hadn't made a move to call her not once today, hell he hadn't even returned her calls yesterday or the day before that nor the 4 days prior to that. She was growing worried. She didn't know what he did for a living but she knew he was very exclusive about his line of work. Taking phone calls in private, not receiving a slither of mail from anyone but bill collectors, there weren't even people calling asking for Cedric in a social manner either. Tanya was feeling odd about it but since he told her his phone is 80% of the time away from him while he was away she was a bit at ease.

Tanya let out a sigh as she glanced around the modern Irish home it wasn't anything basic it was beautiful to say the least but she still felt sidelined and casted aside in a secluded portion of Dublin, secluded meaning in the middle of nowhere with minimum neighbors with the nearest one being a mile away from home. Tanya was of course an at home body now, she didn't have a car for transportation having to rely on a taxi service, she was grateful for Netflix and the 2GB of filtered internet connection she had monthly, otherwise she'd be bored out of her mind, she never questioned why the internet service was prohibited of multiple sights but every time Cedric was around she never got the chance to bring it up.

Tanya of course suspected him of cheating on multiple occasions. The first time she'd accused him was the first time he'd left for a month and Tanya was still staying at the Holidae Inn she'd been at since she first arrived, of course she didn't want to scare him off but when had a chauffeur picked her up from the hotel and drove her to a nice restaurant the entire date he'd kept leaving her to take phone calls that of course could never wait. The dinner was amazing and she'd noticed a lot that had changed about him even the beard he'd grown and his hair growing longer making him look like a completely different person that she didn't recognize him at all.

That same night she'd asked him if he was sleeping with someone else or if he was in fact involved with someone else on a serious level. Cedric denied it and instead confessed he was going to propose to her and wanted to make sure everything was perfect. Tanya's mouth dropped and the next thing she knew she was engaged to a man she only saw occasionally and a year later she was pregnant with his seed and in the home she's been living in. Three years trapped in the man's web, but she loved him.

Tanya stared down at the crown shaped ring encased on her left hand. She smiled when she heard Chloe stir on the couch waking from her afternoon nap.

"I'm guessing mommy's little angel is up and ready for something to eat?" She suggested her two year old. She rose off the sill and to Chloe picking her up and carrying her on her hip into the kitchen where Tanya had her small plate of pasta ready for her.

"Ooooooh!" Chloe cheered as she was sat in her high chair.

Tanya smiled knowing Chloe's favorite food. "I knew you'd like spaghetti tonight," Tanya said knowingly. Tanya picked up her phone off the kitchen counter and silently prayed to herself that he'd left at least a text message. When she'd pressed her power button awaking her idle phone she'd seen nothing from Cedric but there was a missed call and text message from her friend Gina.

'I'm on my way home now, give Chloe a kiss for me would ya?'

Tanya had met Gina Princeton when she was new in town and was shopping for household needs, Gina worked as the manager to a linen store and the two hit it off when Gina was Tanya's cashier. She smiled a bit and replied to Gina's text. When Tanya scrolled checking for anything from Cedric rolled her eyes and decided to turn it off knowing he wasn't once again going to get into contact with her anytime soon.

"How about we watch Mulan tonight?" Tanya asked Chloe sitting at the table in front of her.

Chloe's eyes brightened as she nodded her head rapidly with her mouth full and upper body and hands covered in food. "Yeshh!"