Complications

My heart was racing. What the hell was I thinking. I can't believe I just said that. This is so unlike me.

A slow smile graced Alex's face. "I hope you do."

I didn't know what to say. It already felt so weird. "I should go to bed."

Alex nodded. "Are you sure I can't tempt you to sleep in mine?"

"If we do this, we're taking it slow."

"Is that a no?"

"Yep."

*

I didn't get much sleep last night. My mind kept replaying the talk with Alex. It made me feel good. Today, I sported an olive green dress with my sharp black heels. I honestly felt a little embarrassed to face Alex again. What would I say? What would I do? I was never good with dealing with my feelings, but now they're out in the open. Great.

As I walk out of my room my heartbeat was at an all time high. I tried to calm myself by taking a breath. It kind of worked. Before I stepped into the kitchen I hid behind the wall and tried to see if Alex was there.

"Good morning," A voice whispered in my ear making me jump to the high heavens.

I turned around and put a hand over my heart. Alex stood very close me. He looked so perfect. Like always. "You scared me half to death."

"Were you thinking of avoiding me?" Alex asked in a playful voice.

I couldn't bring myself to look him in the eye. "No, of course not. Why would I do that?"

"Look at me," Alex said in a commanding tone.

He was standing dangerously close. I could smell his musky cologne. I quickly adverted my eyes and did what he asked. "There, I'm looking at you.

"Are you avoiding me because of last night?"

"No, I don't know, maybe, no," I rambled.

Alex laughed softly. "I meant every word."

My stomach was twisting and turning. "Are you sure you still want to do this Alex? it could be a major complication in the future."

"Do you get that I don't care? I just want you."

I died. This could not be happening right now. I couldn't help but smile. "Okay."

"I love it when you smile."

My body was hot, burning. "As much as I like hearing you compliment me, we have to get to work."

"You know I'm the boss right?" He questioned.

"Yes, and you have a lot of work to do," I say stepping away from him. I needed a breather.

"Your no fun," he frowned.

"Taking it slow. Remember?" I reminded.

Alex kissed me in the cheek. "Of course."

The kiss lingered on my cheek. Alex was wearing a navy three piece suit and it shouldn't look as good as it does. I wanted to kiss him, badly. But I also wanted to take it slow.

Alex had his hand placed on the small of my back as we walked into the building. He's done this before but it feels much different today. Today, there was no pretending. It was real.

"You should work in my office today," Alex suggested.

"Okay, I'll just go and get my laptop." When I retuned, Alex was already busy at work. I did a few things but kept glancing at Alex. He was so serious and it was hot. He had taken his suit jacket off leaving him in a vest and a crisp white button up shirt. I could jump his bones right now. I'm getting a little too ahead of myself.