Painful Breathing

(Bucky' P.O.V.)

As Silv rolls off the chair, we all rush forwards, Wanda catches Silv with her magic. Propping her back up in the chair the magic dissipates and we take in her appearance.

Her arms are wrinkled slightly, just from the moisture they have absorbed while inside the casings. Her brow is covered in sweat, dripping slightly onto her nose and temples.

There is blood dripping from her ear to her neck and shoulder, but it was like that when we got here the first time. When we found her after we all stood by as Pietro accused her of beating him. We didn't defend her, and we didn't try to stop it.

We let her down, we allowed our friend, life long or not, a woman that's practically family to be yelled at by Wanda's brother and a man we hardly know.

I let my sister, my second best friend, my best friends significant other be belittled by Pietro. A person I've never met until today.

We watched as Wanda used her magic to hold Jess to a wall, screaming at her. But we let her catch her and didn't question why she's back in the chair. We're all just looking at her.

"We should move her. Get her out of that be dammed thing."

Bruce pulls a wheel chair from nearby, I do the honours of picking her up from the chair and just carrying her out of the room. Ignoring the wheels that Bruce is providing.

Steve follows me partway up the hall before stopping at the elevator doors, everyone else falls behind after stopping just outside of the room containing the machine. They are all casting pained gazes out way as I carry the unconscious Silver Death down the hall. As I carry a friend that we have all betrayed away from the others and to the condiment of her own company.

The company she's always preferred.

I leave her on her bed, the bed that still faintly smells of dust even after two washes courtesy of Pepper.

Just before I leave her I take another look at her form. Her outline is expanding and contracting rapidly and it's shaking.

Her breath is off rhythm, and by the way she has shifted in the time between me setting her down and walking to where I am now she has shifted from her back to her side. Knees pulled up making a ninety degree angle from her hips. Chin to her chest, arms close to her.

I shut the door and leave her alone.

After wondering the halls for what seems like hours FRIDAY alerts me of an upcoming meeting, Fury is needing us.

At the worst possible time too.

(Silver's P.O.V.)

I am woken by an intolerable noise. Someone knocking on my door. "Go away." Wait, I passed out while just getting out from being in the head piece, I never walked back to my room.

Someone must have carried me, but I don't know who and why they all -they being the Team- didn't just leave me there.

Eventually I roll onto my back, doing my best not to move to fast. Moving quickly can make me feel sick, or make me pass out, as my brain is still trying to comprehend what just happened to try to understand what's happening currently.