xi. justice

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

pls remember while reading this chapter and the next few that june is a young teenage girl grieving plss give her a break thank uuu

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

SOMEONE KILLED WELLS. And someone was going to pay for it. The knife glimmering didn't tear away from June's gaze. She was practically glaring at it, her teeth gritted tightly. It was the weapon that took Wells's life. The proof of that was on the top in the middle of the circle, Wells fingers that had been sliced off. She had been called in the tent by Clarke, where Octavia and Jasper resided after discovering the missing limbs and weapon.

The knife was being dangled in Clarke's hands as she observed it, before making her declaration. "This knife was made of metal from the dropship." June felt her heart drop in her chest, and she moved her hand up to cover her lower mouth before she hurled at the fact.

"What does that mean?" Octavia asked, confused.

"It means that the grounders didn't kill Wells," June declared, lowering her hand, the words tasting like poison on her tongue. "It was someone in the camp." The statement hit the other's hard.

"Who else knows about this?" Clarke asked Octavia and Jasper.

Octavia shook her head. "No one," she answered. "We brought it straight here. So, there's a murderer in this camp?"

"There's more than one murderer in this camp," Bellamy pointed out. "This isn't news. We need to keep it quiet."

June's jaw dropped. "Quiet?" She repeated, furious. "Someone killed Wells for nothing. We can't keep this quiet."

Agreeing, Clarke stormed forward but was stopped by Bellamy's chest. She warned him to get out of her way, but he disagreed by shaking his head. "Clarke, June, be smart about this," he requested. "Look at what we've achieved... The wall, the patrols. Like it or not, thinking the grounders killed Wells is good for us." June bit her tongue, crossing her chest to keep the rageful feelings to herself before she lashed out.

"Oh, good for you, you mean!" Clarke exclaimed, mocking. "What, keep people afraid and they'll work for you? Is that it?"

"Yeah," Bellamy agreed. "That's it. But it's good for all of us. Fear of the Grounders is building that wall," he informed them, pointing outside. "And besides, what are you gonna do... Just walk out there and ask the killer to step forward?" He questioned. "You don't even know whose knife that is."

Hardly listening, blinded by her anger towards the killer, Clarke retorted. "Oh, really?" She challenged, holding the knife up and making her accusation by reading the label scratched into it. The name repeated in June's head, and she was ready to storm outside and avenge Wells without a second thought.