41.✔

Cassandra's POV

As I stand before the man I believe had scarred my body I start to think, what if it isn't? Maybe he just looks familiar.

His hair is in loose curls swooped over to one side, he's wearing jet black pants with a white top that says 'Rolling Stones' on the front, his arms are covered in tattoos and he has one lip ring. His now soft, green eyes meet mine before his heart shaped lips form words.

"I guess I should probably introduce myself, I'm Edward." When the name left his lips I could finally let out the breath I didn't know I was holding in.

So it wasn't him, only a look alike.

"Well it seems you know my name already." I chuckled lightly.

"Cassandra, am I right?" He asked.

I nodded my head yes, still feeling a bit uneasy about his presence.

"So tell me, Edward, how do I know you? I've had a bit of memory loss..." I admitted.

I look down, a bit embarrassed.

"We met at a party back in the beginning of 2014." He said.

I thought back to it and couldn't remember ever going to a party let alone talking to such a nice looking man.

"I'm sorry but it must be my touch of amnesia, there's a part in my life back in 2014 when I lost a bit of memory. That might be why I don't know you." I admitted.

"Oh, well... That's alright." He said awkwardly looking around the room.

I started to bite on my bottom lip wondering if I should say anything else or just let him speak next. For some reason this man made me feel nervous and very uncomfortable from his good looks and deep stare.

"Would you, maybe, want to get some coffee?" His raspy voice asked still staring deep into my soul.

I debated on what to say, should I just agree and go with him? Or make up an excuse to get away from this awkwardness. I deiced to go with the second and just use an excuse.

"I have to work, I'm sorry." I said.

It was true, I did have to finish, even if I did get off in ten minutes. I still wasn't lying, was I?

"Oh, okay. Well maybe when you get off?" Shoot, why did he have to ask that?

Now what do I do?

Think, Cassandra, think...

"Oh, uh.. I'm sorry, I have, uh... Dinner with my parents! After work." I couldn't believe I thought of that excuse so quickly, good thinking Cassandra.

"You aren't just making up excuses, Cassie. Are you?" Edward asked the spot on question, of course I am!

I don't want to get coffee with a complete stranger! It's un telling what he might do to me...

"Why would you think that?" I asked playing dumb but I knew he wasn't stupid, he could see right through me.

"If you don't want to go get coffee then you should have just said so. It's no biggy, even though I would like to get to know you better, Cass." The way he said my old nickname made my heart flutter and stomach turn but in a good way, I think?

"I, uh... Just coffee right?" I asked slowly giving in.

"Just coffee." With that I grabbed my coat and purse telling the front desk I was leaving earlier even though it was only five minutes but Edward didn't need to know that.

We got to the parking lot. There was a storm coming.

The sky was dark with black and grey clouds filling it and a light rain coming down. We hurried and ran through the lot, him leading the way to his vehicle. It was an old red truck, a bit banged up and some paint chipped but in drivable shape.

He opened the door for me and shut it then ran around to the other side to open his as well. I put my seatbelt on and tried to get as comfy as possible in the small space. Edward put the key in the ignition, trying to start the old truck.

At first it wouldn't but not long after a few tries it finally starts. He pulls out of the lot, heading for the main road. I still can't believe I agreed to go get coffee with him, let alone get in a car with a complete stranger but something intrigues me about him.

"What kind of music do you like?" he asked flipping through the radio stations.

"Sad, meaningful songs." I answered, knowing in no way that he liked them as well.

"Really? Sad songs? Isn't that a bit depressing?" He asked glancing over at me.

"Not when they mean something to you." I replied.

I love sad songs ever since I got out of the hospital I've gone to them for help. I hear a song similar to my life and automatically fall in love with it.

"What about rap?" He turned the station to one playing music I could barely understand let alone think to myself.

"Not really my thing." I admitted truthfully.

"To me, it has no meaning." Edward quickly turned to me with shock written on his features.

"What? How so?"

"Like, it just doesn't. For one, you can't even understand -half the time- what they're saying and two, they're all about sex and drugs." I knew he wouldn't like it but it was the truth.

"Not true." He said as we pulled up to the small brick building the name reading, 'Coffee & Cakes'.

We got out and ran to the door trying to stay dry as possible but it was pretty hard from the rain coming down so hard.

As the door opened a bell rung. We walked in looking around, only an elderly couple sat sipping on hot coffee and cookies.

Edward found a seat by the window sitting down. I walked over to the table taking a seat to where I could still see out.

"Hi, I'm Katie and welcome to Coffee & Cakes. Can I start you off with hot chocolate? Maybe a latte or a hot cup of coffee?" She asked.

I looked at Edward to see if he was going to order first but he didn't so I did.

"Um, yes. A carmel latte would be great." I said.

"Alrighty and for you sir?" She asked him twirling her long blonde hair between her fingers.

She liked him, I could tell. I mean, why wouldn't she? He's very nice looking and a kind man.

"Yeah, I'll just have a hot chocolate." He said handing her our menus.

"Okay, I'll have these out in no time!" She winked at him then quickly ran off to the back of the restaurant.

"Well that was a bit awkward." I stated looking out the window to see the storm lighting up a bit.

"Ha ha, you're telling me." He chuckled lightly.

It was silent for a minute, neither one of us daring to speak a word but when he did it shocked me to hear what came out of his mouth.

"You're a beautiful girl, Cassandra."

______________________________________________________________________

Haha that chapter was pure crap but oh well

Idk when I'll be updating again

ILL BE STARTING A NEW STORY SOON SO LOOK OUT FOR IT

And y'all better read it bc I think it's going to be goooooood... Haha